The Juiciest Shish Tawook
By shahdan • November 26, 2015
Simple, juicy, and full of flavour… This Shish Tawook recipe will become a staple in your household! It is ideal for everyday, and very impressive in gatherings. All you need to do is remember to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. The rest is easier than you think.
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (deboned) - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onions (chopped into medium slices) - بصل
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients (except the oil). Toss together and make sure all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To cook the chicken, brush a large frying pan or griddle with oil. Arrange the chicken and the onion pieces on the hot pan. Discard any extra marinade.
- Grill on both sides on high- medium heat until nicely coloured and cooked through.
Beetroot & Mint Dip
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet,...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]