Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
By shahdan • October 13, 2015
This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with healthy vegetables! You can make it your own by choosing your very favourite vegetable combinations. You may use broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, cabbage… You may also replace the cashews with toasted sesame seeds.
- 650 gram chicken breast fillet (around 4 fillets) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 200 gram snap peas - البسلة السكرية
- 1 large red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 4 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 3 tablespoon water - ماء
- 3 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) - سكر
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with black pepper and garlic powder, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare the veggies, cut the red pepper into strips, and cut every spring onion into two lengthwise then chop diagonally. Leave the snap peas whole, if using any.
- Combine the soy sauce with the water and sugar and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken over high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of olive oil then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds before you add the veggies. Stir fry for another 2 minutes, then return the chicken and stir in the soy mixture.
- Lower the heat and leave the chicken to simmer for further 2 minutes. Add the cashews, sesame oil and more black pepper if needed, toss together, and serve!
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Fatta – Made Simple & Delicious
If you ever want to enter the world of Fatta, this is the recipe for you. It is simple and...
4-Ingredients Caramel Chocolate Bites
These Caramel Chocolate Bites are refined sugar-free and vegan (if using vegan dark...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]