Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
By yasmine • April 8, 2015
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses is a must try! You can serve it with mini pitas and serve it to your guests as an appetizer.
- 500 gram sausages (baladi & non-spicy - slice if too large) - سجق- سوسيس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced) - بصل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skilled. Make sure the pan is hot, add the sliced soggo' and stir it until it is fried on all sides (about 8 minutes). It doesn't need to be cooked-through yet.
- Remove the soggo', heat another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced onions and minced garlic and let them sauté until softened.
- Add pomegranate molasses and hot water. Make sure to scrape the burned soggo' bits from the pan while you stir all together.
- As it comes to a simmer, add the soggo' back to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a small pan for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- As the soggy' sauce thickens, transger into serving dish, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and finely chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Leave a comment