By shahdan • April 15, 2020
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
- 750 gram minced meat (with 15%-20% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 10 slice cheddar cheese (or burger cheese) - جبن شيدر
- 5 medium burger buns - خبز همبرجر
- lettuce (to taste) - خس
- tomatoes (sliced to taste) - طماطم
- onions (sliced to taste) - بصل
- gherkin pickles (or any pickled cucumbers - to taste) - خيار مخلل
- FOR THE BURGER SAUCE: - صوص البرجر
- 3 tablespoon ketchup - كاتشب
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 tablespoon gherkin pickles (finely chopped + 1 tbsp gherkin water from jar) - خيار مخلل
- 1 teaspoon onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
Step by step
- Use your hands to shape the minced beef into loose 75g balls each. You can cover the kitchen scale with a parchment paper and weigh the balls as you shape them. For 750g beef, you will have 10 balls for 5 burgers.
- Mix the burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Slice lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and gherkins for the sandwiches. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan (preferably with a thick base) for a few minutes until very hot. Add olive oil and move the pan to spread it all over.
- Place 2 beef balls on the hot pan leaving enough space between them. Quickly cover the first ball with a small squared piece of parchment paper and use a small heavy pan to smash the burger flat. Repeat with the second beef ball. Season burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then use a stainless steel turner (المقصوصة المربعة العريضة) to flip the burgers, making sure to release all the crispy burger layer from the pan as you flip.
- Place a slice of cheese over each burger while it cooks on the other side. Meanwhile toast the inside of the bun by placing it (inside side down) on another hot pan.
- Spread the bun with burger sauce, add the 2 smashed patties over the bun, then finish the burger with slices of tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and gherkins to your liking.
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it 'cheat' Mana'ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]