By Maha Yacine • October 15, 2015
Easy to cook and a nice change from the regular daily white rice.
Recipe submitted by Maha Yacine
- 1 cup basmati rice (or Jasmine rice) - أرز بسمتي
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 1 pinch saffron - زعفران
- 1 small onion - بصلة
- salt (to taste) - ملح
- 1 vegetable cube - مكعب مرقة خضروات
Step by step
- Soak a pinch of saffron in a little warm water for a few minutes.
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the finely chopped onion. Stir regularly until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice and mix for a minute before you stir in the saffron-water mix, 2 cups of water, salt, and the vegetable cube.
- Bring to the boil and make sure the cube is well dissolved, then lower the heat to a minimum, cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
Traditional Kolkas with Green Herbs
I can't imagine any Egyptian growing up not eating Kolkas! Even my husband, who was never a fan of...
Lemon Butter Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish. Recipe...
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]