Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) - لبن
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 medium banana - موز
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (OR any favourite fruit) - بذور رمان
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 2 leaves mint (optional) - نعناع
Step by step
- Mix quick oats and milk in a pot and put over medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, and stir occasionally until you reach the required creamy consistency. You may add extra milk for a runnier consistency.
- Pour your creamy porridge in a bowl, add a drizzle of honey along with your mint, fruits and cinnamon.
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Classic Egyptian Lentils
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]