Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for breakfast?
- 1/2 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) - لبن
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 medium banana - موز
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (OR any favourite fruit) - بذور رمان
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 2 leaves mint (optional) - نعناع
Step by step
- Mix quick oats and milk in a pot and put over medium heat.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, and stir occasionally until you reach the required creamy consistency. You may add extra milk for a runnier consistency.
- Pour your creamy porridge in a bowl, add a drizzle of honey along with your mint, fruits and cinnamon.
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites... you can prepare them for your...
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]