Minted Zucchini Soup
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
Even those who don’t eat zucchini, will fall in love with this heart-warming soup…
- 1 kg zucchini - كوسة
- 1 large potatoes - بطاطس
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 10 leaves mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 cup yoghurt (small commercial yoghurt size) - زبادي
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
Step by step
- Cut the zucchini and potato into slices. Make sure the potato slices are thinner than the zucchini so both can cook at the same time.
- Cover with the stock, add the fresh mint leaves and bring to the boil until the veggies are soft.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then blend in a food processor, or easiest with a handheld blender, until smooth.
- Rub the dried mint between your fingers into the soup to release its heavenly aroma.
- Dilute the corn flour in 2 tbsp. water, then mix with the yogurt in a separate bowl. Use a ladle to spoon some soup into the yogurt bowl and mix. Repeat for a few times to make sure the yogurt is smoothly mixed with the soup then return the yogurt soup mix to the soup pot.
- You can skip this step and add fresh cream instead. (Yogurt gives a healthier edge to the soup and a slightly sour taste, while cream gives it more richness at the cost of some extra calories.)
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve.
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy chicken sandwich with all your favorite nutritious greens, such as...
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]