Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
By Hebba • January 16, 2016
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect winter treat with a cup of coffee. Not to mention it saves us the trip (and the calories) to getting McDonald’s infamous apple pie!
- 2 apples (peeled and thinly sliced) - تفاح
- 6-8 puff pastry (the ready square sheets) - عجينة الباف باستري
- 1/2 cup sugar (or honey) - سكر
- 1/2 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 egg ( to brush puff pastry) - بيضة
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (to sprinkle on top) - سكر بودرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, all spice, orange juice and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes so the flavours combine.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a clean surface. Add some of the apple mixture in the middle of each puff pastry (leaving the juices in the bowl).
- Fold the puff pastries to create triangles. Close each puff pastry tightly using a fork (by pressing it on the sides of the triangles).
- Brush the triangles with the beaten egg.
- Place the pastries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top before serving.
Vegan Yellow Lentils
الوصفه بالعربي Made from very simple ingredients, the vegan yellow lentils dish is...
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.