Creamy Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to cook it on busy days because it’s super quick and easy. And most importantly, my kids love it! They like to eat it with simple basmati rice.
- 500 gram chicken breast -preferably cut into cubes - صدور دجاج
- 125 ml coconut cream (or cooking cream) - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (plus an extra 1/4 tsp in the sauce) - كركم
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 small bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil (or olive oil) - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 3 sprig coriander - to garnish - كزبرة
Step by step
- Season chicken with garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken. Cook the chicken on both sides till golden and almost cooked through.
- Add the cooking cream (or coconut cream), the bay leaf and another 1/4 tsp of turmeric. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes over a very low heat or until cooked through. (Always check if the thickest piece is cooked through)
- Adjust the salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice.
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
Avocado Orange Green Salad
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad - great for avocado season! The...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]