Cranberry & Almond Bread
By yasmine • March 5, 2015
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the easiest bread recipe you’ll find and it’ll wow people around you to the extent that you will never want to share the recipe!
You can also make it your own by replacing the cranberries and almonds with any chopped dried fruit or nuts – or do without! It will still be amazing.
You can serve it with jam, nut butters or cream like a scone.
This recipe yields 5- 6 pieces.
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose) - دقيق
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour - دقيق أسمر
- 1 cup sour cream (at room temprature) - قشدة حامضة
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries (or raisins) - التوت البري المجفف
- 2 tablespoon almonds (shaved or chopped) - لوز
- 6 teaspoon quick oats (optional) - شوفان سريع التحضير
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line your baking flat tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt. Then add the sour cream and mix it lightly. Don't over-stir in order to keep a fluffy texture.
- Soak the cranberry in hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze the water out of them with your hands, then stir them into the batter along with the almonds. Make sure the fruit and nut are fully incorporated into the mix.
- Put dollops of batter (about a heaped tablespoon) on the tray leaving some space in between. Garnish with a teaspoon of quick oats on top before putting placing it in the oven.
- Let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Then let it cool for 10 minutes before moving it into your favourite breadbasket.
One famous childhood recipe... This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and...
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy. Recipe by: Shahira...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.