Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
- 4 cup mixed vegetables (frozen peas, carrots, green beans) - خضراوات مشكلة
- 1 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional) - مايونيز
- 1 medium apple (cubed) - تفاحة
- 1 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil vegetables for a few minutes until soft yet still fresh green in colour and crunchy. Rinse with ice cold water and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix yoghurt with mustard and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Add apple cubes, corn, spring onion, dill, followed by the mixed vegetables and mix. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because...
Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
الوصفة بالعربي This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the...
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.