Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
By shahdan • February 7, 2017
Everyone’s favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant fresh basil leaves. It is full of flavour and aroma and ready in only 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (whole - 400 gram) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- 2 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 10 piece sun-dried tomatoes (sliced - plus extra to garnish) - طماطم مجففة
- 15 leaves basil (plus extra to garnish) - ريحان
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
Step by step
- Drain whole chickpeas and rinse with fresh water. Reserve one tablespoon of chickpeas for garnish, and add the rest into a food processor.
- Add tahini, water, minced garlic clove, lime juice, and sundried tomatoes and blend until creamy. (If the mixture is still rough, add one two more spoons of water.)
- Add fresh basil leaves and blend again until well-combined. Taste your hummus and season with salt as needed.
- Transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, small basil leaves, the remaining whole chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with a selection of bread, crackers, and/or vegetable sticks.
Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
الوصفة بالعربي The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to...
Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]