Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
By shahdan • February 7, 2017
Everyone’s favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant fresh basil leaves. It is full of flavour and aroma and ready in only 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (whole - 400 gram) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- 2 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 10 piece sun-dried tomatoes (sliced - plus extra to garnish) - طماطم مجففة
- 15 leaves basil (plus extra to garnish) - ريحان
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
Step by step
- Drain whole chickpeas and rinse with fresh water. Reserve one tablespoon of chickpeas for garnish, and add the rest into a food processor.
- Add tahini, water, minced garlic clove, lime juice, and sundried tomatoes and blend until creamy. (If the mixture is still rough, add one two more spoons of water.)
- Add fresh basil leaves and blend again until well-combined. Taste your hummus and season with salt as needed.
- Transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, small basil leaves, the remaining whole chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with a selection of bread, crackers, and/or vegetable sticks.
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.