Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
By shahdan • February 7, 2017
Everyone’s favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant fresh basil leaves. It is full of flavour and aroma and ready in only 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (whole - 400 gram) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- 2 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 10 piece sun-dried tomatoes (sliced - plus extra to garnish) - طماطم مجففة
- 15 leaves basil (plus extra to garnish) - ريحان
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
Step by step
- Drain whole chickpeas and rinse with fresh water. Reserve one tablespoon of chickpeas for garnish, and add the rest into a food processor.
- Add tahini, water, minced garlic clove, lime juice, and sundried tomatoes and blend until creamy. (If the mixture is still rough, add one two more spoons of water.)
- Add fresh basil leaves and blend again until well-combined. Taste your hummus and season with salt as needed.
- Transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, small basil leaves, the remaining whole chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with a selection of bread, crackers, and/or vegetable sticks.
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]