Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
By shahdan • February 7, 2017
Everyone’s favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant fresh basil leaves. It is full of flavour and aroma and ready in only 10 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (whole - 400 gram) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 6 tablespoon water - ماء
- 2 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 10 piece sun-dried tomatoes (sliced - plus extra to garnish) - طماطم مجففة
- 15 leaves basil (plus extra to garnish) - ريحان
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
Step by step
- Drain whole chickpeas and rinse with fresh water. Reserve one tablespoon of chickpeas for garnish, and add the rest into a food processor.
- Add tahini, water, minced garlic clove, lime juice, and sundried tomatoes and blend until creamy. (If the mixture is still rough, add one two more spoons of water.)
- Add fresh basil leaves and blend again until well-combined. Taste your hummus and season with salt as needed.
- Transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, small basil leaves, the remaining whole chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with a selection of bread, crackers, and/or vegetable sticks.
الوصفة بالعربي A fun and tasty dessert Recipe uploaded by Dina...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Lemon Butter Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish. Recipe...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]