Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
By yasmine • May 5, 2018
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
- 2 chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 whole iceberg lettuce (sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 handful coriander (stems removed - finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 100 gram glass noodles OR rice noodles - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon vinegar OR rice vinegar - خل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a medium jar, mix dressing ingredients.
- Cut whole chicken fillets into 4 strips each and marinate them with 1/4 of the dressing. Place in the fridge for half hour or overnight to marinate.
- Place the noodles in boiling water to soften - about 5 minutes. Remove from water and place them in a sieve. Run cold water over them then drain them.
- In a salad bowl, mix noodles with sliced cabbage, peppers and spring onions then with the rest of the dressing. Place it in the fridge until chicken is cooked.
- Place chicken strips in a hot pan without the remainder of the marinade. Cook on each side for a 5 minutes until golden. You can add the remainder of the marinade in the last 3 minutes to help cook the chicken strips.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Give the salad another toss before placing the hot chicken strips over it. Sprinkle chopped coriander and toasted sesame. Serve immediately.
Fresh Guava & Pomegranate Dessert
الوصفة بالعربي This fruit dessert is a simple family favourite celebrating the...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]