Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
By yasmine • May 5, 2018
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
- 2 chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 whole iceberg lettuce (sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 handful coriander (stems removed - finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 100 gram glass noodles OR rice noodles - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon vinegar OR rice vinegar - خل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a medium jar, mix dressing ingredients.
- Cut whole chicken fillets into 4 strips each and marinate them with 1/4 of the dressing. Place in the fridge for half hour or overnight to marinate.
- Place the noodles in boiling water to soften - about 5 minutes. Remove from water and place them in a sieve. Run cold water over them then drain them.
- In a salad bowl, mix noodles with sliced cabbage, peppers and spring onions then with the rest of the dressing. Place it in the fridge until chicken is cooked.
- Place chicken strips in a hot pan without the remainder of the marinade. Cook on each side for a 5 minutes until golden. You can add the remainder of the marinade in the last 3 minutes to help cook the chicken strips.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Give the salad another toss before placing the hot chicken strips over it. Sprinkle chopped coriander and toasted sesame. Serve immediately.
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]