Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
By yasmine • May 5, 2018
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
- 2 chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 whole iceberg lettuce (sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 handful coriander (stems removed - finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 100 gram glass noodles OR rice noodles - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon vinegar OR rice vinegar - خل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a medium jar, mix dressing ingredients.
- Cut whole chicken fillets into 4 strips each and marinate them with 1/4 of the dressing. Place in the fridge for half hour or overnight to marinate.
- Place the noodles in boiling water to soften - about 5 minutes. Remove from water and place them in a sieve. Run cold water over them then drain them.
- In a salad bowl, mix noodles with sliced cabbage, peppers and spring onions then with the rest of the dressing. Place it in the fridge until chicken is cooked.
- Place chicken strips in a hot pan without the remainder of the marinade. Cook on each side for a 5 minutes until golden. You can add the remainder of the marinade in the last 3 minutes to help cook the chicken strips.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Give the salad another toss before placing the hot chicken strips over it. Sprinkle chopped coriander and toasted sesame. Serve immediately.
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]