Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
By yasmine • May 5, 2018
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
- 2 chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 whole iceberg lettuce (sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 medium yellow pepper (thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 handful coriander (stems removed - finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 100 gram glass noodles OR rice noodles - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon vinegar OR rice vinegar - خل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 stalks spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a medium jar, mix dressing ingredients.
- Cut whole chicken fillets into 4 strips each and marinate them with 1/4 of the dressing. Place in the fridge for half hour or overnight to marinate.
- Place the noodles in boiling water to soften - about 5 minutes. Remove from water and place them in a sieve. Run cold water over them then drain them.
- In a salad bowl, mix noodles with sliced cabbage, peppers and spring onions then with the rest of the dressing. Place it in the fridge until chicken is cooked.
- Place chicken strips in a hot pan without the remainder of the marinade. Cook on each side for a 5 minutes until golden. You can add the remainder of the marinade in the last 3 minutes to help cook the chicken strips.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Give the salad another toss before placing the hot chicken strips over it. Sprinkle chopped coriander and toasted sesame. Serve immediately.
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
Avocado Caprese Salad
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]