Honey Lancashire Biscuits
By yasmine • June 2, 2019
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at.
Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (abut 250g) - دقيق أبيض
- 1/3 cup raw honey (plus 2 tablespoons for sticking) - عسل نقي
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla extract. Use a spatula or spoon to mix in the liquid.
- Add coconut oil and keep whisking to incorporate the oil into the flour. You can use a handheld mixer on low - until dough comes together and feels buttery to the hand.
- Preheat oven to 120C. Line two trays with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to form small balls (around 1 teaspoon dough each) and line them next to each other on the oven tray.
- Place trays in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes until baked through but not darkened. Let it cool for another 15 minutes.
- Use a small brush or teaspoon to apply honey on the bottom of each ball then stick every two similar-size balls together. Hold it for a few seconds before placing them in your serving dish or airtight container.
Watermelon Ice Popsicles
On a hot summer's day, what's better than a watermelon ice popsicle? Fresh green kiwi (loaded...
Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo' Baladi with Pomegranate...
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]