Honey Lancashire Biscuits
By yasmine • June 2, 2019
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at.
Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (abut 250g) - دقيق أبيض
- 1/3 cup raw honey (plus 2 tablespoons for sticking) - عسل نقي
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla extract. Use a spatula or spoon to mix in the liquid.
- Add coconut oil and keep whisking to incorporate the oil into the flour. You can use a handheld mixer on low - until dough comes together and feels buttery to the hand.
- Preheat oven to 120C. Line two trays with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to form small balls (around 1 teaspoon dough each) and line them next to each other on the oven tray.
- Place trays in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes until baked through but not darkened. Let it cool for another 15 minutes.
- Use a small brush or teaspoon to apply honey on the bottom of each ball then stick every two similar-size balls together. Hold it for a few seconds before placing them in your serving dish or airtight container.
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Peanut Butter Chicken Fillets
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is inspired by an amazing dish we tried at a Latin...
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]