Simple 6 Layer Salad
By Nadine Azzam • August 21, 2015
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on all day. You can add chopped up protein like grilled chicken, beef strips, tuna or even eggs!
- 6 medium carrots - جزر
- 1 can chickpeas - حمص
- 4 large cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1 bunch asparagus - الهليون
- 1 bunch chives - ورق بصل
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes - طماطم تشيري
- 1 bunch spinach - سبانخ
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey together to make the dressing.
- Grate the carrots in a food processor, mix in some dressing and put it at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add as a second layer on top of the carrots.
- Slice cucumbers thinly in a food processor, mix in some dressing and make the third layer.
- Half the yellow peppers (taking out the inside seeds) and place face up on a baking tray. Grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes till skin is black and easy to peel off, flip them and keep them under the grill for another ten minutes to make sure they are soft. Chop them up and sprinkle on top of cucumbers.
- Chop asparagus into chunks and boil for no more than ten minutes. Let them cool, add dressing and chives and make the next layer.
- To make the last layer you mix the chopped in half cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped spring onions with the rest of the dressing.
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to...
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]