Simple 6 Layer Salad
By Nadine Azzam • August 21, 2015
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on all day. You can add chopped up protein like grilled chicken, beef strips, tuna or even eggs!
- 6 medium carrots - جزر
- 1 can chickpeas - حمص
- 4 large cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1 bunch asparagus - الهليون
- 1 bunch chives - ورق بصل
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes - طماطم تشيري
- 1 bunch spinach - سبانخ
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey together to make the dressing.
- Grate the carrots in a food processor, mix in some dressing and put it at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add as a second layer on top of the carrots.
- Slice cucumbers thinly in a food processor, mix in some dressing and make the third layer.
- Half the yellow peppers (taking out the inside seeds) and place face up on a baking tray. Grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes till skin is black and easy to peel off, flip them and keep them under the grill for another ten minutes to make sure they are soft. Chop them up and sprinkle on top of cucumbers.
- Chop asparagus into chunks and boil for no more than ten minutes. Let them cool, add dressing and chives and make the next layer.
- To make the last layer you mix the chopped in half cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped spring onions with the rest of the dressing.
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Homemade Warm Cheesecake
A simple recipe for a rich and warm cheesecake for cheesecake lovers. Recipe uploaded by Asmaa...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.