Simple 6 Layer Salad
By Nadine Azzam • August 21, 2015
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on all day. You can add chopped up protein like grilled chicken, beef strips, tuna or even eggs!
- 6 medium carrots - جزر
- 1 can chickpeas - حمص
- 4 large cucumber - خيار
- 3 medium yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1 bunch asparagus - الهليون
- 1 bunch chives - ورق بصل
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes - طماطم تشيري
- 1 bunch spinach - سبانخ
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup vinegar - خل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 whole garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey together to make the dressing.
- Grate the carrots in a food processor, mix in some dressing and put it at the bottom of a large bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water and add as a second layer on top of the carrots.
- Slice cucumbers thinly in a food processor, mix in some dressing and make the third layer.
- Half the yellow peppers (taking out the inside seeds) and place face up on a baking tray. Grill them in the oven for about 20 minutes till skin is black and easy to peel off, flip them and keep them under the grill for another ten minutes to make sure they are soft. Chop them up and sprinkle on top of cucumbers.
- Chop asparagus into chunks and boil for no more than ten minutes. Let them cool, add dressing and chives and make the next layer.
- To make the last layer you mix the chopped in half cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped spring onions with the rest of the dressing.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the...
Dukka is a traditional Egyptian spice mix. It used to be a popular street food, eaten with...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]