Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty, tender and a great main dish for your family or at a gathering. Don’t shy away from this beneficial protein and let your butcher cut a chunky liver piece into thin fillets for you and leave the rest to this simple recipe.
- 1 kg liver (cut in thin fillets) - كبدة
- 2 large onions (peeled & cut in chunks) - بصل
- 4 large tomato (peeled & cut in chunks) - طماطم
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a food processor, add onion and tomato chunks, soy sauce, pepper and honey and pulse until mixed and smooth.
- In a large bowl, add defrosted liver fillet and cover with tomato onion marination. Cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least half hour to marinade (you can leave it overnight).
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat olive oil in a large pan, place liver fillets in the pan without sauce or toppings. Don't overcrowd the pan to allow the liver fillets to cook evenly. Cook each on each side for 2-3 minutes only (provided they are thinly sliced).
- After cooking all the liver fillets, add the marinade to the pan and let it come to a light simmer for about 8 minutes.
- You can place the liver fillets in a serving dish then pour the cooked sauce on it or serve it in a bowl next to it to be added on demand.
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Stir-Fried Garlic & Ginger Bok Choy
Bok Choi to me was a scary cabbage that I didn’t know how to use or add to my salads since it has...
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]