Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty, tender and a great main dish for your family or at a gathering. Don’t shy away from this beneficial protein and let your butcher cut a chunky liver piece into thin fillets for you and leave the rest to this simple recipe.
- 1 kg liver (cut in thin fillets) - كبدة
- 2 large onions (peeled & cut in chunks) - بصل
- 4 large tomato (peeled & cut in chunks) - طماطم
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a food processor, add onion and tomato chunks, soy sauce, pepper and honey and pulse until mixed and smooth.
- In a large bowl, add defrosted liver fillet and cover with tomato onion marination. Cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least half hour to marinade (you can leave it overnight).
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat olive oil in a large pan, place liver fillets in the pan without sauce or toppings. Don't overcrowd the pan to allow the liver fillets to cook evenly. Cook each on each side for 2-3 minutes only (provided they are thinly sliced).
- After cooking all the liver fillets, add the marinade to the pan and let it come to a light simmer for about 8 minutes.
- You can place the liver fillets in a serving dish then pour the cooked sauce on it or serve it in a bowl next to it to be added on demand.
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]