Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
By yasmine • January 5, 2017
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty, tender and a great main dish for your family or at a gathering. Don’t shy away from this beneficial protein and let your butcher cut a chunky liver piece into thin fillets for you and leave the rest to this simple recipe.
- 1 kg liver (cut in thin fillets) - كبدة
- 2 large onions (peeled & cut in chunks) - بصل
- 4 large tomato (peeled & cut in chunks) - طماطم
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- In a food processor, add onion and tomato chunks, soy sauce, pepper and honey and pulse until mixed and smooth.
- In a large bowl, add defrosted liver fillet and cover with tomato onion marination. Cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least half hour to marinade (you can leave it overnight).
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat olive oil in a large pan, place liver fillets in the pan without sauce or toppings. Don't overcrowd the pan to allow the liver fillets to cook evenly. Cook each on each side for 2-3 minutes only (provided they are thinly sliced).
- After cooking all the liver fillets, add the marinade to the pan and let it come to a light simmer for about 8 minutes.
- You can place the liver fillets in a serving dish then pour the cooked sauce on it or serve it in a bowl next to it to be added on demand.
Guiltless Granola Bars
These Guiltless Granola Bars are the perfect snack. It is crunchy, semi-sweet and...
Red Pepper Hummus Wrap
Turn CairoCooking's super healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus dip into a kid- friendly lunch box...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]