Peanut Butter & Coloured Peppers Baladi Wrap
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
The sweetness of coloured peppers with the saltines of this guiltfree all natural peanut butter make this wholesome Peanut Butter & Colored Peppers Baladi wrap everyone’s favourite.
- 1 baladi bread - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter - زبدة الفول السوداني
- 1/4 small red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1/4 small yellow pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 1/4 small green peppers - فلفل أخضر
Step by step
- Carefully open the baladi bread into two wraps.
- Generously spread each wrap with peanut butter.
- Slice the coloured bell peppers into thin strips. Arrange along the side of each wrap, and roll tightly. Serve as a long wrap or use a sharp knife to cut into small bite-size rolls and arrange in the lunchbox.
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Crunchy French Fries with a Kick
With little twists like soaking in vinegar and seasoning with paprika, these traditional fries are...
Spiced Rice with Beef & Spring Onions
If you love hearty & filling homemade dishes, you will adore this one-pot Spiced Rice with...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]