Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
By shahdan • December 14, 2015
If you haven’t tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out! Warm pumpkin puree is spiced up with the season’s spices, then covered in a creamy white chocolate sauce. The complexity and warmth in flavour is simply fabulous!
Also, try the traditional Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel.
- 1 medium pumpkin (peeled & cubed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 cup sugar (OR to taste) - سكر
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (OR to taste) - قرفة
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled & grated fresh) - جنزبيل
- 200 gram white chocolate (plus extra to decorate) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Place the pumpkin cubes into a large pot and add one cup of water.
- Place the pot over medium heat and leave the pumpkin cubes to cook until tender. Stir every now and then to make sure all cubes are cooking evenly.
- When all cubes are tender and easily pureed, take the pot off heat and strain the pumpkin into a sieve. Using a wooden spoon, press to squeeze out the extra liquid.
- Return the pumpkin puree to the pot and start to gradually add sugar. Mix the sugar into the pumpkin puree on a very low heat. Taste as you go until you achieve the sweetness you like, and all sugar is dissolved. Add the spices and mix. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- To prepare the white chocolate sauce, break 150 grams white chocolate and place into a heat-proof bowl with the cream. Place the bowl over a pot with boiling water and stir occasionally until chocolate melts. Remove from heat when most of the chocolate has melted, then stir further off heat until you reach a smooth sauce.
- Using a vegetable grater, peel little white chocolate shaves from the remaining chocolate bar. You may use ready sprinkles instead for decoration.
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into cups, drizzle the warm white chocolate sauce on top, then garnish with chocolate shaves or sprinkles and a little extra cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Home-Made Teriyaki Sauce
Once you try this recipe, you will never buy ready-made Teriyaki sauce again. It is incredibly easy...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]