Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
By shahdan • December 14, 2015
If you haven’t tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out! Warm pumpkin puree is spiced up with the season’s spices, then covered in a creamy white chocolate sauce. The complexity and warmth in flavour is simply fabulous!
Also, try the traditional Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel.
- 1 medium pumpkin (peeled & cubed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 cup sugar (OR to taste) - سكر
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (OR to taste) - قرفة
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled & grated fresh) - جنزبيل
- 200 gram white chocolate (plus extra to decorate) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Place the pumpkin cubes into a large pot and add one cup of water.
- Place the pot over medium heat and leave the pumpkin cubes to cook until tender. Stir every now and then to make sure all cubes are cooking evenly.
- When all cubes are tender and easily pureed, take the pot off heat and strain the pumpkin into a sieve. Using a wooden spoon, press to squeeze out the extra liquid.
- Return the pumpkin puree to the pot and start to gradually add sugar. Mix the sugar into the pumpkin puree on a very low heat. Taste as you go until you achieve the sweetness you like, and all sugar is dissolved. Add the spices and mix. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- To prepare the white chocolate sauce, break 150 grams white chocolate and place into a heat-proof bowl with the cream. Place the bowl over a pot with boiling water and stir occasionally until chocolate melts. Remove from heat when most of the chocolate has melted, then stir further off heat until you reach a smooth sauce.
- Using a vegetable grater, peel little white chocolate shaves from the remaining chocolate bar. You may use ready sprinkles instead for decoration.
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into cups, drizzle the warm white chocolate sauce on top, then garnish with chocolate shaves or sprinkles and a little extra cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Fresh Basil
Heavy but heavenly… I love the beautiful earthy flavor that mushrooms add to a simple pasta dish,...
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]