Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
By shahdan • December 14, 2015
If you haven’t tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out! Warm pumpkin puree is spiced up with the season’s spices, then covered in a creamy white chocolate sauce. The complexity and warmth in flavour is simply fabulous!
Also, try the traditional Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel.
- 1 medium pumpkin (peeled & cubed) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 cup sugar (OR to taste) - سكر
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (OR to taste) - قرفة
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled & grated fresh) - جنزبيل
- 200 gram white chocolate (plus extra to decorate) - شوكولاتة بيضاء
- 100 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Place the pumpkin cubes into a large pot and add one cup of water.
- Place the pot over medium heat and leave the pumpkin cubes to cook until tender. Stir every now and then to make sure all cubes are cooking evenly.
- When all cubes are tender and easily pureed, take the pot off heat and strain the pumpkin into a sieve. Using a wooden spoon, press to squeeze out the extra liquid.
- Return the pumpkin puree to the pot and start to gradually add sugar. Mix the sugar into the pumpkin puree on a very low heat. Taste as you go until you achieve the sweetness you like, and all sugar is dissolved. Add the spices and mix. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- To prepare the white chocolate sauce, break 150 grams white chocolate and place into a heat-proof bowl with the cream. Place the bowl over a pot with boiling water and stir occasionally until chocolate melts. Remove from heat when most of the chocolate has melted, then stir further off heat until you reach a smooth sauce.
- Using a vegetable grater, peel little white chocolate shaves from the remaining chocolate bar. You may use ready sprinkles instead for decoration.
- Spoon the pumpkin puree into cups, drizzle the warm white chocolate sauce on top, then garnish with chocolate shaves or sprinkles and a little extra cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Hearty Homemade Om Ali
الوصفة بالعربي Om Ali is a lovely old oriental dessert - here it is made...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and Syria on hot summer days or after a heavy meal. So easy to prepare in individual cups in a couple of minutes. You can also use date molasses for a different taste.