Nutritious Egg Muffins
By CairoCooking • September 15, 2016
Packed with nutritious ingredients, these luscious Egg Muffins are perfect for the kids’ lunchbox, brunch, and dinner! We prefer using baladi eggs to prepare this dish since they are higher in nutritional value, and then we fill them up with our favourite veggies.
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 3 egg whites - بياض بيض
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped) - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (and more for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onions (minced OR minced chives) - بصل
- 1 large tomato (chopped) - طماطم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 6 muffin tins or a muffin tray with olive oil.
- Beat the eggs with egg whites in a medium bowl then add the veggies, season with sea salt, pepper and oregano and stir again.
- Pour mixture into the 6 tins. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is firm and the eggs are cooked through.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Japanese Beef & Spinach Rice Wraps: Soboro Onigirazu
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]