Nutritious Egg Muffins
By CairoCooking • September 15, 2016
Packed with nutritious ingredients, these luscious Egg Muffins are perfect for the kids’ lunchbox, brunch, and dinner! We prefer using baladi eggs to prepare this dish since they are higher in nutritional value, and then we fill them up with our favourite veggies.
- 3 small eggs OR NM Balady Eggs (Chemical free) - بيض
- 3 egg whites OR NM Balady Eggs (Chemical free) - بياض بيض
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped) - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (and more for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onions (minced OR minced chives) - بصل
- 1 large tomato (chopped) - طماطم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 handful baby spinach (chopped) OR NM Baby Spinach (Chemical Free) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 6 muffin tins or a muffin tray with olive oil.
- Beat the eggs with egg whites in a medium bowl then add the veggies, season with sea salt, pepper and oregano and stir again.
- Pour mixture into the 6 tins. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is firm and the eggs are cooked through.
Hearty Homemade Om Ali
الوصفة بالعربي Om Ali is a lovely old oriental dessert - here it is made...
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling...
Colourful Easter Pancakes
Easter is almost here and here is an easy colorful pancakes breakfast for such an...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.