Nutritious Egg Muffins
By CairoCooking • September 15, 2016
Packed with nutritious ingredients, these luscious Egg Muffins are perfect for the kids’ lunchbox, brunch, and dinner! We prefer using baladi eggs to prepare this dish since they are higher in nutritional value, and then we fill them up with our favourite veggies.
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 3 egg whites - بياض بيض
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped) - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (and more for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onions (minced OR minced chives) - بصل
- 1 large tomato (chopped) - طماطم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 6 muffin tins or a muffin tray with olive oil.
- Beat the eggs with egg whites in a medium bowl then add the veggies, season with sea salt, pepper and oregano and stir again.
- Pour mixture into the 6 tins. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is firm and the eggs are cooked through.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite...
Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
الوصفه بالعربي This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]