Nutritious Egg Muffins
By CairoCooking • September 15, 2016
Packed with nutritious ingredients, these luscious Egg Muffins are perfect for the kids’ lunchbox, brunch, and dinner! We prefer using baladi eggs to prepare this dish since they are higher in nutritional value, and then we fill them up with our favourite veggies.
- 3 small eggs OR NM Balady Eggs (Chemical free) - بيض
- 3 egg whites OR NM Balady Eggs (Chemical free) - بياض بيض
- 1 small yellow pepper (chopped) - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (and more for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onions (minced OR minced chives) - بصل
- 1 large tomato (chopped) - طماطم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 handful baby spinach (chopped) OR NM Baby Spinach (Chemical Free) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 6 muffin tins or a muffin tray with olive oil.
- Beat the eggs with egg whites in a medium bowl then add the veggies, season with sea salt, pepper and oregano and stir again.
- Pour mixture into the 6 tins. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is firm and the eggs are cooked through.
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Date & Almond Balls
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the...
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]