Mixed Bean Salad
By shahdan • July 18, 2016
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues. It is a great option when the weather is too hot for lettuce.
It is healthier to cook the beans at home (after soaking them overnight), however, canned beans make a good alternative on busy days.
For best results, refrigerate the salad for a few hours or overnight after adding the dressing allowing the flavors to combine.
- 300 gram green beans (fresh) - فاصوليا خضراء
- 1 can white beans (400 gram cannellini beans) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 can red kidney beans (400 gram) - فاصوليا حمراء
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 3 tablespoon coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1.5 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Wash green beans, cut off their edges, then cut them in half.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add green beans and let them simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Rinse with fresh cold water to retain their fresh green colour. Put in the serving bowl and set aside.
- Empty bean cans in a large sieve. Rinse them with fresh water then add to the green beans.
- Slice onion to thin half circles and add them with the chopped coriander to the mixed beans serving bowl.
- Add dressing, mix gently, and let it cool in the fridge until it's serving time. You can prepare this salad up to one day in advance. Taste and adjust salt & pepper before serving.
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]