Green Caviar Dip
By yasmine • April 28, 2016
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend’s gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe from her cousin. It is one of those dips that impresses yet is so easy to prepare, and accordingly has become a hit among our friends, with each adding their special touch. Here is my version of it.
- 100-120g caviar (1 small jar) - كافيار
- 500g cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt (about 50g) - زبادي
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1.5 bunch parsley (finely chopped, about 2 cups) - بقدونس
- 5-6 stalks spring onion (finely chopped, white and green parts) - بصلة خضراء
Step by step
- In a large food processor, whisk all ingredients together except caviar into a thick and creamy consistency. You can use the food processor to chop the greens before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the dip in a medium bowl, then carefully spread the caviar on top. Garnish with a couple of parsley leaves and serve with crackers and celery sticks.
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.