Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
By CairoCooking • June 15, 2017
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table.
Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and pistachio making it super delicious without the guilt!
- 8-10 bananas (cut up & frozen) - موز
- 1-1.5 teaspoon mastic / mesteka (grinded) - مستكة
- 2 handful pistachios - فستق
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice overly ripe bananas and place them in the freezer overnight.
- In a high speed food processor, place frozen bananas and mastic powder and beat on high speed until bananas cream. If the bananas are stiff, wait a bit for them to defrost a bit so it is easier to blend or just add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help it crush the bananas and blend.
- In the meantime, use a sharp knife to roughly chop the raw pistachio (cut into smaller pieces - do not grind).
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and stir in half the pistachio. Make sure it is well-distributed.
- Place the rest of the pistachio in a cake cylinder distributing it evenly at the bottom of the cylinder. Tip the nice cream over it and level it using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya... Recipe by...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.