Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
By CairoCooking • June 15, 2017
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table.
Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and pistachio making it super delicious without the guilt!
- 8-10 bananas (cut up & frozen) - موز
- 1-1.5 teaspoon mastic / mesteka (grinded) - مستكة
- 2 handful pistachios - فستق
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice overly ripe bananas and place them in the freezer overnight.
- In a high speed food processor, place frozen bananas and mastic powder and beat on high speed until bananas cream. If the bananas are stiff, wait a bit for them to defrost a bit so it is easier to blend or just add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help it crush the bananas and blend.
- In the meantime, use a sharp knife to roughly chop the raw pistachio (cut into smaller pieces - do not grind).
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and stir in half the pistachio. Make sure it is well-distributed.
- Place the rest of the pistachio in a cake cylinder distributing it evenly at the bottom of the cylinder. Tip the nice cream over it and level it using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It's a...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish for everyday as well as for fancy dinner parties. It is very simple yet full of mouthwatering flavors and colors. The delicious addition of honey-glazed walnuts elevates the salad into something absolutely elegant. This salad was inspired by a simple recipe […]