Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
By CairoCooking • June 15, 2017
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table.
Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and pistachio making it super delicious without the guilt!
- 8-10 bananas (cut up & frozen) - موز
- 1-1.5 teaspoon mastic / mesteka (grinded) - مستكة
- 2 handful pistachios - فستق
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice overly ripe bananas and place them in the freezer overnight.
- In a high speed food processor, place frozen bananas and mastic powder and beat on high speed until bananas cream. If the bananas are stiff, wait a bit for them to defrost a bit so it is easier to blend or just add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help it crush the bananas and blend.
- In the meantime, use a sharp knife to roughly chop the raw pistachio (cut into smaller pieces - do not grind).
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and stir in half the pistachio. Make sure it is well-distributed.
- Place the rest of the pistachio in a cake cylinder distributing it evenly at the bottom of the cylinder. Tip the nice cream over it and level it using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!