Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
By CairoCooking • June 15, 2017
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table.
Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and pistachio making it super delicious without the guilt!
- 8-10 bananas (cut up & frozen) - موز
- 1-1.5 teaspoon mastic / mesteka (grinded) - مستكة
- 2 handful pistachios - فستق
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice overly ripe bananas and place them in the freezer overnight.
- In a high speed food processor, place frozen bananas and mastic powder and beat on high speed until bananas cream. If the bananas are stiff, wait a bit for them to defrost a bit so it is easier to blend or just add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help it crush the bananas and blend.
- In the meantime, use a sharp knife to roughly chop the raw pistachio (cut into smaller pieces - do not grind).
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and stir in half the pistachio. Make sure it is well-distributed.
- Place the rest of the pistachio in a cake cylinder distributing it evenly at the bottom of the cylinder. Tip the nice cream over it and level it using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
الوصفه بالعربي Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted...
The Christmas Chestnut Turkey Breast Anyone Can Prepare
الوصفه بالعربي A joyous and hassle-free Christmas turkey with sweet maple syrup and...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]