Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
By CairoCooking • June 15, 2017
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table.
Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and pistachio making it super delicious without the guilt!
- 8-10 bananas (cut up & frozen) - موز
- 1-1.5 teaspoon mastic / mesteka (grinded) - مستكة
- 2 handful pistachios - فستق
- 2 tablespoon milk (optional) - لبن
Step by step
- Slice overly ripe bananas and place them in the freezer overnight.
- In a high speed food processor, place frozen bananas and mastic powder and beat on high speed until bananas cream. If the bananas are stiff, wait a bit for them to defrost a bit so it is easier to blend or just add a couple of tablespoons of milk to help it crush the bananas and blend.
- In the meantime, use a sharp knife to roughly chop the raw pistachio (cut into smaller pieces - do not grind).
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and stir in half the pistachio. Make sure it is well-distributed.
- Place the rest of the pistachio in a cake cylinder distributing it evenly at the bottom of the cylinder. Tip the nice cream over it and level it using a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
The Best Tres Leches Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Tres Leches cake is...
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]