Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
By yasmine • April 8, 2015
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses is a must try! You can serve it with mini pitas and serve it to your guests as an appetizer.
- 500 gram sausages (baladi & non-spicy - slice if too large) - سجق- سوسيس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced) - بصل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skilled. Make sure the pan is hot, add the sliced soggo' and stir it until it is fried on all sides (about 8 minutes). It doesn't need to be cooked-through yet.
- Remove the soggo', heat another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced onions and minced garlic and let them sauté until softened.
- Add pomegranate molasses and hot water. Make sure to scrape the burned soggo' bits from the pan while you stir all together.
- As it comes to a simmer, add the soggo' back to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a small pan for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- As the soggy' sauce thickens, transger into serving dish, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and finely chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Creamy Chicken & Corn Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Pure happiness in a bowl... There is something really special about...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]