Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
By yasmine • April 8, 2015
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses is a must try! You can serve it with mini pitas and serve it to your guests as an appetizer.
- 500 gram sausages (baladi & non-spicy - slice if too large) - سجق- سوسيس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced) - بصل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skilled. Make sure the pan is hot, add the sliced soggo' and stir it until it is fried on all sides (about 8 minutes). It doesn't need to be cooked-through yet.
- Remove the soggo', heat another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced onions and minced garlic and let them sauté until softened.
- Add pomegranate molasses and hot water. Make sure to scrape the burned soggo' bits from the pan while you stir all together.
- As it comes to a simmer, add the soggo' back to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a small pan for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- As the soggy' sauce thickens, transger into serving dish, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and finely chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]