Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
By yasmine • April 8, 2015
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses is a must try! You can serve it with mini pitas and serve it to your guests as an appetizer.
- 500 gram sausages (baladi & non-spicy - slice if too large) - سجق- سوسيس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced) - بصل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skilled. Make sure the pan is hot, add the sliced soggo' and stir it until it is fried on all sides (about 8 minutes). It doesn't need to be cooked-through yet.
- Remove the soggo', heat another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced onions and minced garlic and let them sauté until softened.
- Add pomegranate molasses and hot water. Make sure to scrape the burned soggo' bits from the pan while you stir all together.
- As it comes to a simmer, add the soggo' back to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a small pan for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- As the soggy' sauce thickens, transger into serving dish, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and finely chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]