Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
By yasmine • April 8, 2015
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses is a must try! You can serve it with mini pitas and serve it to your guests as an appetizer.
- 500 gram sausages (baladi & non-spicy - slice if too large) - سجق- سوسيس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium onions (thinly sliced) - بصل
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skilled. Make sure the pan is hot, add the sliced soggo' and stir it until it is fried on all sides (about 8 minutes). It doesn't need to be cooked-through yet.
- Remove the soggo', heat another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add sliced onions and minced garlic and let them sauté until softened.
- Add pomegranate molasses and hot water. Make sure to scrape the burned soggo' bits from the pan while you stir all together.
- As it comes to a simmer, add the soggo' back to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts in a small pan for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- As the soggy' sauce thickens, transger into serving dish, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and finely chopped parsley. Serve hot.
Red Thai Chicken Curry
الوصفه بالعربي This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh...
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.