By Shahira Selim • April 14, 2015
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy.
Recipe by: Shahira Selim from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 200 gram butter (melted) - زبدة
- 100 gram cocoa powder (traditional size pack) - بودرة كاكاو
- 4 eggs - بيض
- 2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup flour - دقيق
Step by step
- Add cocoa to melted butter and stir until fully integrated.
- Add egg by egg while whisking (making sure each egg is dissolved into the batter) followed by the vanilla and sugar.
- Now that all ingredients are integrated, slowly add the flour and continue whisking. All the whisking is done by hand – no machine is necessary.
- Put batter into a greased rectangular pan (about 23x33cm) – you can also use a square pan.
- Put in the preheated oven of 200C for 25-30 min. Insert a toothpick in the brownie to make sure it is done.
- Let it cool for about half an hour before cutting it into squares and serving it.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is...
Mini Konafa Cups
These mini Konafa cups are so easy to prepare and just optimal for small gatherings. You can...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.