By Shahira Selim • April 14, 2015
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy.
Recipe by: Shahira Selim from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 200 gram butter (melted) - زبدة
- 100 gram cocoa powder (traditional size pack) - بودرة كاكاو
- 4 eggs - بيض
- 2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup flour - دقيق
Step by step
- Add cocoa to melted butter and stir until fully integrated.
- Add egg by egg while whisking (making sure each egg is dissolved into the batter) followed by the vanilla and sugar.
- Now that all ingredients are integrated, slowly add the flour and continue whisking. All the whisking is done by hand – no machine is necessary.
- Put batter into a greased rectangular pan (about 23x33cm) – you can also use a square pan.
- Put in the preheated oven of 200C for 25-30 min. Insert a toothpick in the brownie to make sure it is done.
- Let it cool for about half an hour before cutting it into squares and serving it.
Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious...
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Caramel Cheesecake Topped with Chocolate Shavings
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Homemade rich...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]