By Shahira Selim • April 14, 2015
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy.
Recipe by: Shahira Selim from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 200 gram butter (melted) - زبدة
- 100 gram cocoa powder (traditional size pack) - بودرة كاكاو
- 4 eggs - بيض
- 2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup flour - دقيق
Step by step
- Add cocoa to melted butter and stir until fully integrated.
- Add egg by egg while whisking (making sure each egg is dissolved into the batter) followed by the vanilla and sugar.
- Now that all ingredients are integrated, slowly add the flour and continue whisking. All the whisking is done by hand – no machine is necessary.
- Put batter into a greased rectangular pan (about 23x33cm) – you can also use a square pan.
- Put in the preheated oven of 200C for 25-30 min. Insert a toothpick in the brownie to make sure it is done.
- Let it cool for about half an hour before cutting it into squares and serving it.
Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of...
Homemade Low-Sugar Strawberry Jam
You might find this strawberry jam a bit dark like a berry jam, but that's due to the prolonged...
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]