Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
By shahdan • March 23, 2017
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super delicious Asian stir-fry.
Make sure to have all ingredients readily chopped before you start, because you will need to be quick when you start the cooking process.
- 4 medium chicken breast (sliced into small cubes) - صدور دجاج
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 medium broccoli (sliced into medium florets) - بروكلى
- 2 large carrots (peeled and sliced into long thin strips) - جزر
- 5 stalks spring onion (sliced into short stalks) - بصلة خضراء
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- 2 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
- 8 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate chicken cubes with garlic powder and black pepper.
- In a large wok, heat one tablespoon olive oil and cook the chicken on high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon oil and add minced garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute on low heat, then raise the heat to medium and add the broccoli and carrots. Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add spring onions and chicken and lower the heat again to allow them to cook through.
- Add soy sauce, oyster, and sesame oil. Then stir corn flour into the water in a cup until lump-free and add to the wok.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on low heat until the sauce thickens. You can add extra soy-sauce to taste. Serve hot with noodles or white basmati rice.
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]