Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
By shahdan • March 23, 2017
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super delicious Asian stir-fry.
Make sure to have all ingredients readily chopped before you start, because you will need to be quick when you start the cooking process.
- 4 medium chicken breast (sliced into small cubes) - صدور دجاج
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 medium broccoli (sliced into medium florets) - بروكلى
- 2 large carrots (peeled and sliced into long thin strips) - جزر
- 5 stalks spring onion (sliced into short stalks) - بصلة خضراء
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- 2 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
- 8 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
Step by step
- Marinate chicken cubes with garlic powder and black pepper.
- In a large wok, heat one tablespoon olive oil and cook the chicken on high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon oil and add minced garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute on low heat, then raise the heat to medium and add the broccoli and carrots. Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add spring onions and chicken and lower the heat again to allow them to cook through.
- Add soy sauce, oyster, and sesame oil. Then stir corn flour into the water in a cup until lump-free and add to the wok.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on low heat until the sauce thickens. You can add extra soy-sauce to taste. Serve hot with noodles or white basmati rice.
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]