Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens, such as arugula, kale, and baby spinach! With added avocados, this sandwich is all creamy without any mayo or fatty cream cheese.
- 1 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large avocado - أفوكادو
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 handful kale - كيل
- 2 piece bread - خبز
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Using a thin sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizentally into two thin fillets. Marinate with lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the fillets for a few minutes on both sides until cooked through yet juicy and tender. Cover and set aside.
- Peel avocados and puree one half with a fork. Generously season with lime juice. Cut the other half into thin slices and add lime juice as well.
- Slice the buns open, and spread with avocado puree. Add chicken fillet, and top it with avocado slices and your favourite green leaves (kale, arugula, baby spinach.) Place the upper bun piece on top and enjoy a guiltless nutritious sandwich!
One famous childhood recipe... This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone's favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]