Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens, such as arugula, kale, and baby spinach! With added avocados, this sandwich is all creamy without any mayo or fatty cream cheese.
- 1 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large avocado - أفوكادو
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 handful kale - كيل
- 2 piece bread - خبز
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Using a thin sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizentally into two thin fillets. Marinate with lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the fillets for a few minutes on both sides until cooked through yet juicy and tender. Cover and set aside.
- Peel avocados and puree one half with a fork. Generously season with lime juice. Cut the other half into thin slices and add lime juice as well.
- Slice the buns open, and spread with avocado puree. Add chicken fillet, and top it with avocado slices and your favourite green leaves (kale, arugula, baby spinach.) Place the upper bun piece on top and enjoy a guiltless nutritious sandwich!
Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This is my own...
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother's dessert table. As children, we used to...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and still appetizing and suitable for...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]