Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
By CairoCooking • September 4, 2016
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens, such as arugula, kale, and baby spinach! With added avocados, this sandwich is all creamy without any mayo or fatty cream cheese.
- 1 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large avocado - أفوكادو
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful arugula - جرجير
- 1 handful kale - كيل
- 2 piece bread - خبز
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Using a thin sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizentally into two thin fillets. Marinate with lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the fillets for a few minutes on both sides until cooked through yet juicy and tender. Cover and set aside.
- Peel avocados and puree one half with a fork. Generously season with lime juice. Cut the other half into thin slices and add lime juice as well.
- Slice the buns open, and spread with avocado puree. Add chicken fillet, and top it with avocado slices and your favourite green leaves (kale, arugula, baby spinach.) Place the upper bun piece on top and enjoy a guiltless nutritious sandwich!
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Baked Kofta Rolls
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. It's a very easy...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.