By shahdan • April 13, 2016
One famous childhood recipe… This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great healthy snack. Now, I find it the perfect way to introduce artichokes to kids. They just fall in love with the way it is eaten: pull out one leave, dip its tip in the cumin dressing and bite into the tip of the leave. It is fun, healthy, and full of good nutrients. So enjoy this recipe before the artichoke season is over!
- 4 medium artichoke - خرشوف
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (or sunflower oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1.5 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Wash the artichokes and place them in a big pot. Cover with water and add flour and lime juice.
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer until the artichokes are cooked through. You know they are cooked when you pull out one leaf and it comes out easily.
- Drain the artichokes and place on a serving tray.
- Add the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake until well-combined. Serve the dressing next to the artichokes.
Cheesecake in a Cup
الوصفه بالعربي Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made...
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish...
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]