By shahdan • April 13, 2016
One famous childhood recipe… This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great healthy snack. Now, I find it the perfect way to introduce artichokes to kids. They just fall in love with the way it is eaten: pull out one leave, dip its tip in the cumin dressing and bite into the tip of the leave. It is fun, healthy, and full of good nutrients. So enjoy this recipe before the artichoke season is over!
- 4 medium artichoke - خرشوف
- 1 teaspoon flour - دقيق
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (or sunflower oil) - زيت زيتون
- 1.5 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- Wash the artichokes and place them in a big pot. Cover with water and add flour and lime juice.
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer until the artichokes are cooked through. You know they are cooked when you pull out one leaf and it comes out easily.
- Drain the artichokes and place on a serving tray.
- Add the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake until well-combined. Serve the dressing next to the artichokes.
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]