Date & Almond Balls
By yasmine • June 22, 2016
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the perfect energy bite pre-workout…
Also, your kids will enjoy it as a healthy sweet treat in their lunchbox or before their exercises.
I even give one to my toddler whenever he doesn’t finish his meal, to give him needed nutrition and fill him up.
- 1/2 cup almonds - لوز
- 1 cup dates (deseeded - preferably Majdoul) - بلح
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (OPTIONAL OR wheat germ) - بذور الكتان
Step by step
- In a food processor, grind raw almonds with flax seeds (if using any). Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute. Dough should become slightly sticky.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoons from the dough in your hands and form a ball between your palms. Repeat with all the dough. You can also roll the balls into coconut flakes if you like to.
- Line the balls on a tray or in a fridge box and place it in the freezer for an hour before serving. You can store it in the fridge after that for up to 2 weeks.
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of...
Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.