Date & Almond Balls
By yasmine • June 22, 2016
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the perfect energy bite pre-workout…
Also, your kids will enjoy it as a healthy sweet treat in their lunchbox or before their exercises.
I even give one to my toddler whenever he doesn’t finish his meal, to give him needed nutrition and fill him up.
- 1/2 cup almonds - لوز
- 1 cup dates (deseeded - preferably Majdoul) - بلح
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (OPTIONAL OR wheat germ) - بذور الكتان
Step by step
- In a food processor, grind raw almonds with flax seeds (if using any). Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute. Dough should become slightly sticky.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoons from the dough in your hands and form a ball between your palms. Repeat with all the dough. You can also roll the balls into coconut flakes if you like to.
- Line the balls on a tray or in a fridge box and place it in the freezer for an hour before serving. You can store it in the fridge after that for up to 2 weeks.
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Smoked Salmon, Radish & Avocado Salad
Some delicious dishes are just too easy to prepare, like this family favorite Salmon & Avocado...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]