Date & Almond Balls
By yasmine • June 22, 2016
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the perfect energy bite pre-workout…
Also, your kids will enjoy it as a healthy sweet treat in their lunchbox or before their exercises.
I even give one to my toddler whenever he doesn’t finish his meal, to give him needed nutrition and fill him up.
- 1/2 cup almonds - لوز
- 1 cup dates (deseeded - preferably Majdoul) - بلح
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (OPTIONAL OR wheat germ) - بذور الكتان
Step by step
- In a food processor, grind raw almonds with flax seeds (if using any). Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute. Dough should become slightly sticky.
- Take about 1.5 tablespoons from the dough in your hands and form a ball between your palms. Repeat with all the dough. You can also roll the balls into coconut flakes if you like to.
- Line the balls on a tray or in a fridge box and place it in the freezer for an hour before serving. You can store it in the fridge after that for up to 2 weeks.
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]