Summer Watermelon Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
This Summer Watermelon Salad Light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot summer days!
- 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed) - عصير برتقال
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (around 2 lemons, freshly squeezed) - عصير ليمون
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 watermelon (seedless - and cut in 1cm cubes) - بطيخ
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 250 gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 1 cup mint (fresh mint leaves, julienned) - نعناع
Step by step
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, red onion, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the dressing covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the watermelon, feta, onion & mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat & toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Frozen Banana Cream with Cranberries
Just before your bananas turn black from the heat - peel them, slice them and place them in a...
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.