Summer Watermelon Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot summer days especially barbecues.
- 1/4 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 watermelon (seedless - and cut in 1cm cubes) - بطيخ
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 250 gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 1 cup mint (leaves only - thinly sliced) - نعناع
Step by step
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Soak red onion slices in the dressing. If not using within an hour, store the dressing covered in the refrigerator.
- Place watermelon cubes, diced feta & mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough red onion vinaigrette to coat & toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Honey Cinnamon Toasties
From 12 months. Make your kids happy with those yummy sweet toasties. Healthy, super simple, and...
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for...
Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
From 12 months. The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.