Summer Watermelon Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot summer days especially barbecues.
- 1/4 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 watermelon (seedless - and cut in 1cm cubes) - بطيخ
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 250 gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 1 cup mint (leaves only - thinly sliced) - نعناع
Step by step
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Soak red onion slices in the dressing. If not using within an hour, store the dressing covered in the refrigerator.
- Place watermelon cubes, diced feta & mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough red onion vinaigrette to coat & toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
Avocado Orange Green Salad
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad - great for avocado season! The...
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best...
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]