Summer Watermelon Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot summer days especially barbecues.
- 1/4 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 3 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 watermelon (seedless - and cut in 1cm cubes) - بطيخ
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 250 gram feta cheese (diced) - جبنه فيتا
- 1 cup mint (leaves only - thinly sliced) - نعناع
Step by step
- Whisk together orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Soak red onion slices in the dressing. If not using within an hour, store the dressing covered in the refrigerator.
- Place watermelon cubes, diced feta & mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough red onion vinaigrette to coat & toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
No-Bake Cheese Cake
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam...
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]