Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind all flavours together.
You can also play around with the recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices, like oregano and thyme, or branded Italian seasoning. You can also finish it off with crumbled Feta cheese, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of pomegranate molasses on top.
Or just stick to that incredibly delicious basic recipe.
- 2 large eggplant (sliced into half circles) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 large carrots (julienne) - جزر
- 1 large red bell pepper (julienne) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 small zucchini (julienne) - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice unpeeled eggplants into medium-thick circles, then into long thin strips.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant strips. Fry on high heat for about 10 minutes, turning them every few minutes until they are soft and golden brown on all sides. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan and set aside
- Slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into long thin slices (julienne).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a couple of minutes. When slightly soft, add minced garlic. Return cooked eggplants and stir together for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Squeeze lime juice and serve next to your favourite protein. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]