Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind all flavours together.
You can also play around with the recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices, like oregano and thyme, or branded Italian seasoning. You can also finish it off with crumbled Feta cheese, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of pomegranate molasses on top.
Or just stick to that incredibly delicious basic recipe.
- 2 large eggplant (sliced into half circles) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 large carrots (julienne) - جزر
- 1 large red bell pepper (julienne) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 small zucchini (julienne) - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice unpeeled eggplants into medium-thick circles, then into long thin strips.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant strips. Fry on high heat for about 10 minutes, turning them every few minutes until they are soft and golden brown on all sides. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan and set aside
- Slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into long thin slices (julienne).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a couple of minutes. When slightly soft, add minced garlic. Return cooked eggplants and stir together for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Squeeze lime juice and serve next to your favourite protein. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Winter-Warming Roasted Chestnuts
You know that cold winter night when you just need to cuddle on the sofa and nibble at something?...
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]