Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind all flavours together.
You can also play around with the recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices, like oregano and thyme, or branded Italian seasoning. You can also finish it off with crumbled Feta cheese, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of pomegranate molasses on top.
Or just stick to that incredibly delicious basic recipe.
- 2 large eggplant (sliced into half circles) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 large carrots (julienne) - جزر
- 1 large red bell pepper (julienne) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 small zucchini (julienne) - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice unpeeled eggplants into medium-thick circles, then into long thin strips.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant strips. Fry on high heat for about 10 minutes, turning them every few minutes until they are soft and golden brown on all sides. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan and set aside
- Slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into long thin slices (julienne).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a couple of minutes. When slightly soft, add minced garlic. Return cooked eggplants and stir together for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Squeeze lime juice and serve next to your favourite protein. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best...this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so...
Simple Mahalabeya with Lime Curd
A different & summery take on this nostalgic all time favorite Ramadan pudding, but this time I...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.