Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
By shahdan • September 17, 2018
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind all flavours together.
You can also play around with the recipe and use your favourite herbs and spices, like oregano and thyme, or branded Italian seasoning. You can also finish it off with crumbled Feta cheese, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of pomegranate molasses on top.
Or just stick to that incredibly delicious basic recipe.
- 2 large eggplant (sliced into half circles) - باذنجان رومي
- 2 large carrots (julienne) - جزر
- 1 large red bell pepper (julienne) - فلفل رومي احمر
- 4 small zucchini (julienne) - كوسة
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Slice unpeeled eggplants into medium-thick circles, then into long thin strips.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant strips. Fry on high heat for about 10 minutes, turning them every few minutes until they are soft and golden brown on all sides. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan and set aside
- Slice zucchini, carrots, and bell pepper into long thin slices (julienne).
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and stir-fry the vegetables on high heat for a couple of minutes. When slightly soft, add minced garlic. Return cooked eggplants and stir together for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Squeeze lime juice and serve next to your favourite protein. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today's super seed:...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]