Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
By yasmine • December 24, 2015
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites… you can prepare them for your own indulgence or as a gift to loved ones during the festivities… A Seyami alternative to the chocolate bar is mixing 100% cocoa with melted coconut oil (1/2 cup cocoa to 1/2 cup melted coconut oil).
Try the same recipe with cashews, pistachios, or pecans.
- 1/2 cup almonds (peeled and sliced) - لوز
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 250 gram chocolate bar - لوح شكولاته
Step by step
- In a medium pan, melt brown sugar on low/medium heat and add the almonds when the sugar has just started to turn into liquid. Don't walk away from the stove during this step because the sugar can easily burn.
- Stir the almonds with the brown sugar for a few minutes until well-coated. The whole process should take 10 minutes. Take the sugar-coated almonds off the stove, and lay them on parchment paper. Leave to cool.
- Cut the chocolate into smaller chunks and place them in a glass or any heat resistant bowl. Place the bowl over a pot with hot water (without the water touching the bowl from the bottom). Place the pot (with the bowl on top) on low/medium heat. Stir the chocolate occasionally until it completely melts.
- While the chocolate melts, crack the cooled (and now brittle) caramelized almonds into bite size pieces with your hands or using a knife.
- Add the cracked almonds to the melted chocolate, making sure all the almonds are covered with chocolate. With a teaspoon, add the chocolate bites into a mold or on a tray lined with parchment paper. Each bite should be 1 to 1.5 heaped teaspoon. Leave space between each bite.
- Place the chocolate tray in the fridge for an hour minimum before you move the chocolates to an airtight container. It can stay up to a week.
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for...
No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Bechamel
This Cheesy Spinach Bechamel recipe is fast, easy and perfect for everyday when you don’t have...
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]