Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed box or a salad jar to stay with you a full day.
- 1/2 cup quinoa OR NM Quinoa Mix - Local - كينوا
- 1 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1 small yellow pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 small red pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 handful capers - حب الكبر
- 1 can hummus (washed) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped) OR NM Rosemary (Chemical Free) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey OR NM Raw Honey - عسل
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa by adding boiling water in a medium pot followed by the quinoa. Cover the pot and set heat to low and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and fluffy. You can also follow the instructions on the pack for cooking quinoa.
- In the meantime, chop the colored peppers into small cubes. Finely chop rosemary. Wash hummus from its preservative water and let it dry.
- To pack the salad for your lunchbox in a jar or a tight container, put a layer of cooked quinoa followed by the coloured peppers then the tuna topped with the hummus and capers and sprinkled with rosemary. You can add the dressing on top and let it marinate until you eat it.
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]