Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed box or a salad jar to stay with you a full day.
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1 small yellow pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 small red pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 handful capers - حب الكبر
- 1 can hummus (washed) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa by adding boiling water in a medium pot followed by the quinoa. Cover the pot and set heat to low and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and fluffy. You can also follow the instructions on the pack for cooking quinoa.
- In the meantime, chop the colored peppers into small cubes. Finely chop rosemary. Wash hummus from its preservative water and let it dry.
- To pack the salad for your lunchbox in a jar or a tight container, put a layer of cooked quinoa followed by the coloured peppers then the tuna topped with the hummus and capers and sprinkled with rosemary. You can add the dressing on top and let it marinate until you eat it.
Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native,...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]