Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
By CairoCooking • September 16, 2016
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed box or a salad jar to stay with you a full day.
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- 1 pack tuna fish (preferably smoked) - تونة
- 1 small yellow pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 small red pepper (cut in small cubes) - فلفل أحمر
- 1 handful capers - حب الكبر
- 1 can hummus (washed) - حمص
- 1 tablespoon rosemary - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon honey - عسل
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa by adding boiling water in a medium pot followed by the quinoa. Cover the pot and set heat to low and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and fluffy. You can also follow the instructions on the pack for cooking quinoa.
- In the meantime, chop the colored peppers into small cubes. Finely chop rosemary. Wash hummus from its preservative water and let it dry.
- To pack the salad for your lunchbox in a jar or a tight container, put a layer of cooked quinoa followed by the coloured peppers then the tuna topped with the hummus and capers and sprinkled with rosemary. You can add the dressing on top and let it marinate until you eat it.
No-Fuss Green Juice
You need a slow juicer for this recipe - or you can use a strong blender and add half cup of...
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]