Crunchy Asian Salad
By shahdan • July 9, 2015
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian dishes. It is also perfect for summer barbeques.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced) - جزر
- 3 cucumber (thinly sliced) - خيار
- 1/4 red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (white vinegar) - خل
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, and spring onions. Add fresh coriander leaves on top. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, then sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts on top.
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]