Crunchy Asian Salad
By shahdan • July 9, 2015
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian dishes. It is also perfect for summer barbeques.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced) - جزر
- 3 cucumber (thinly sliced) - خيار
- 1/4 red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (white vinegar) - خل
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, and spring onions. Add fresh coriander leaves on top. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, then sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts on top.
Succulent Asian Surf & Turf for Two
الوصفة بالعربي One marinade for a succulent full flavoured steak, mouth-watering...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit). This dish is […]