Crunchy Asian Salad
By shahdan • July 9, 2015
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian dishes. It is also perfect for summer barbeques.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced) - جزر
- 3 cucumber (thinly sliced) - خيار
- 1/4 red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (white vinegar) - خل
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, and spring onions. Add fresh coriander leaves on top. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, then sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts on top.
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle
This Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle is the simplest way to the heart of a loved one. It impresses with its salmon flavor and creaminess, while it is quick and easy to prepare.
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]