Crunchy Asian Salad
By shahdan • July 9, 2015
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian dishes. It is also perfect for summer barbeques.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced) - جزر
- 3 cucumber (thinly sliced) - خيار
- 1/4 red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (white vinegar) - خل
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, and spring onions. Add fresh coriander leaves on top. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, then sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts on top.
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast...
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]