Crunchy Asian Salad
By shahdan • July 9, 2015
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian dishes. It is also perfect for summer barbeques.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced) - جزر
- 3 cucumber (thinly sliced) - خيار
- 1/4 red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- 1/2 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar (white vinegar) - خل
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, whisk and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, combine the lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, and spring onions. Add fresh coriander leaves on top. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad, then sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts on top.
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Comforting Potato Gratin – A Shortcut Recipe
This potato gratin is not just delicious, it can be ready in as short as 30 minutes! You need to thinly slice the potatoes (unpeeled and all) with a mandolin or with the knife setting of the food processor. Also, boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes in little water and steam helps it get cooked […]