Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
By yasmine • October 14, 2016
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious and works as a side dish to your protein or soup. Adding dried beef or bresaola really works with this salad in case you want to turn it into a meal or lunchbox item.
Prepare it in less than 30 minutes (including cooking the quinoa) and leave it in the fridge until serving (can wait a whole day – just don’t add dressing!)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked & cooled) - كينوا
- 1 bunch arugula (stems removed & sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 cup pomegranate - رمان
- 1/4 cup capers (washed OR pickled onions) - حب الكبر
- 150 gram buffalo mozzarella (sliced) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted OR crushed roasted almonds) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients and place it in the fridge.
- To cook the quinoa, either follow the pack instructions, or add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer until cooked through.
- Mix cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on salad and serve in a shallow bowl.
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to...
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.