Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
By yasmine • October 14, 2016
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious and works as a side dish to your protein or soup. Adding dried beef or bresaola really works with this salad in case you want to turn it into a meal or lunchbox item.
Prepare it in less than 30 minutes (including cooking the quinoa) and leave it in the fridge until serving (can wait a whole day – just don’t add dressing!)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked & cooled) - كينوا
- 1 bunch arugula (stems removed & sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1/4 cup capers (washed OR pickled onions) - حب الكبر
- 150 gram buffalo mozzarella (sliced) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted OR crushed roasted almonds) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients and place it in the fridge.
- To cook the quinoa, either follow the pack instructions, or add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer until cooked through.
- Mix cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on salad and serve in a shallow bowl.
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.