Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate Salad
By yasmine • October 14, 2016
The Quinoa, Mozzarella & Pomegranate is a wholesome and filling salad that is also delicious and works as a side dish to your protein or soup. Adding dried beef or bresaola really works with this salad in case you want to turn it into a meal or lunchbox item.
Prepare it in less than 30 minutes (including cooking the quinoa) and leave it in the fridge until serving (can wait a whole day – just don’t add dressing!)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked & cooled) - كينوا
- 1 bunch arugula (stems removed & sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1/4 cup capers (washed OR pickled onions) - حب الكبر
- 150 gram buffalo mozzarella (sliced) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted OR crushed roasted almonds) - صنوبر
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients and place it in the fridge.
- To cook the quinoa, either follow the pack instructions, or add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer until cooked through.
- Mix cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on salad and serve in a shallow bowl.
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? The Warm Freekeh Eggplant...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]