Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
By yasmine • September 2, 2015
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you have some parchment paper and get a nice cleaned out fish fillet from one of the big supermarkets or a fish place, you’re good to go!
For a dinner party you can make smaller fillets per person and serve them in the parchment paper like a little gift for each guest.
- 500 gram bass fish (white fish) - سمك قاروس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 piece lime (sliced in rings) - ليمون بلدي
- 4 stalks spring onion (cut lengthwise) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 tablespoon broth (OR warm water with salt & pepper) - مرقة
- 1/2 cup fennel (thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 tablespoon capers (rinsed - optional) - حب الكبر
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) - كمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Use parchment paper as big as the classic oven tray and fold in the middle lengthwise, then open it and brush inside of paper with olive oil and place on a flat oven tray.
- Season fish fillet with salt, pepper and ground cumin on both sides and place it on one side of the folding line.
- Lay the lemon slices on top of the fish, followed by spring onions, then fennel then thinly sliced butter on the top. You can scatter the capers on top or around. You can season again with salt and pepper, spoon in the stock before folding the parchment.
- Fold the other side of the parchment over all the ingredients making sure you bend the paper tightly from all sides making several creases.
- Place the papilette in the oven for 12-15 minutes - the parchment should be puffed up and oozing with butter from the sides.
- Serve it hot in its paper on your favourite fish dish and open it like a gift to your loved ones on the dinning table. The smell is divine.
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It...
Easy Smoked Salmon Blini
Party food at its best! These salmon blini are not only elegant and absolutely scrumptious but they...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]