Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
By yasmine • September 2, 2015
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you have some parchment paper and get a nice cleaned out fish fillet from one of the big supermarkets or a fish place, you’re good to go!
For a dinner party you can make smaller fillets per person and serve them in the parchment paper like a little gift for each guest.
- 500 gram bass fish (white fish) - سمك قاروس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 piece lime (sliced in rings) - ليمون بلدي
- 4 stalks spring onion (cut lengthwise) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 tablespoon broth (OR warm water with salt & pepper) - مرقة
- 1/2 cup fennel (thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 tablespoon capers (rinsed - optional) - حب الكبر
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) - كمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Use parchment paper as big as the classic oven tray and fold in the middle lengthwise, then open it and brush inside of paper with olive oil and place on a flat oven tray.
- Season fish fillet with salt, pepper and ground cumin on both sides and place it on one side of the folding line.
- Lay the lemon slices on top of the fish, followed by spring onions, then fennel then thinly sliced butter on the top. You can scatter the capers on top or around. You can season again with salt and pepper, spoon in the stock before folding the parchment.
- Fold the other side of the parchment over all the ingredients making sure you bend the paper tightly from all sides making several creases.
- Place the papilette in the oven for 12-15 minutes - the parchment should be puffed up and oozing with butter from the sides.
- Serve it hot in its paper on your favourite fish dish and open it like a gift to your loved ones on the dinning table. The smell is divine.
Pulled Beef & Onions
A unique take on the Egyptian meat and onions casserole. Recipe uploaded by Nada...
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! ...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]