Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
By yasmine • September 2, 2015
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you have some parchment paper and get a nice cleaned out fish fillet from one of the big supermarkets or a fish place, you’re good to go!
For a dinner party you can make smaller fillets per person and serve them in the parchment paper like a little gift for each guest.
- 500 gram bass fish (white fish) - سمك قاروس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 piece lime (sliced in rings) - ليمون بلدي
- 4 stalks spring onion (cut lengthwise) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 tablespoon broth (OR warm water with salt & pepper) - مرقة
- 1/2 cup fennel (thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 tablespoon capers (rinsed - optional) - حب الكبر
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) - كمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Use parchment paper as big as the classic oven tray and fold in the middle lengthwise, then open it and brush inside of paper with olive oil and place on a flat oven tray.
- Season fish fillet with salt, pepper and ground cumin on both sides and place it on one side of the folding line.
- Lay the lemon slices on top of the fish, followed by spring onions, then fennel then thinly sliced butter on the top. You can scatter the capers on top or around. You can season again with salt and pepper, spoon in the stock before folding the parchment.
- Fold the other side of the parchment over all the ingredients making sure you bend the paper tightly from all sides making several creases.
- Place the papilette in the oven for 12-15 minutes - the parchment should be puffed up and oozing with butter from the sides.
- Serve it hot in its paper on your favourite fish dish and open it like a gift to your loved ones on the dinning table. The smell is divine.
Freekeh Vegetable Soup
The Freekeh Vegetable Soup is healthy, filling and delicious. Freekeh is full of nutritious...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.