Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
By yasmine • September 2, 2015
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you have some parchment paper and get a nice cleaned out fish fillet from one of the big supermarkets or a fish place, you’re good to go!
For a dinner party you can make smaller fillets per person and serve them in the parchment paper like a little gift for each guest.
- 500 gram bass fish (white fish) - سمك قاروس
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 piece lime (sliced in rings) - ليمون بلدي
- 4 stalks spring onion (cut lengthwise) - بصلة خضراء
- 3 tablespoon broth (OR warm water with salt & pepper) - مرقة
- 1/2 cup fennel (thinly sliced) - شمر او فونوكيا
- 2 tablespoon capers (rinsed - optional) - حب الكبر
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) - كمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Use parchment paper as big as the classic oven tray and fold in the middle lengthwise, then open it and brush inside of paper with olive oil and place on a flat oven tray.
- Season fish fillet with salt, pepper and ground cumin on both sides and place it on one side of the folding line.
- Lay the lemon slices on top of the fish, followed by spring onions, then fennel then thinly sliced butter on the top. You can scatter the capers on top or around. You can season again with salt and pepper, spoon in the stock before folding the parchment.
- Fold the other side of the parchment over all the ingredients making sure you bend the paper tightly from all sides making several creases.
- Place the papilette in the oven for 12-15 minutes - the parchment should be puffed up and oozing with butter from the sides.
- Serve it hot in its paper on your favourite fish dish and open it like a gift to your loved ones on the dinning table. The smell is divine.
Yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
الوصفة بالعربي This is a super cheerful breakfast for fun family mornings! These...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.