Tasty Cauliflower Rice
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 19, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
Shewekar Elgharably is a certified health coach and a passionate clean eating cook. She is inspiring us with her rich and nutritious recipes that can help improve our eating habits leaving us more energetic, less stressed, feeling and looking healthier as well as inspired for a cleaner living. You can follow her on Instagram @shewekar or #healthyrocks or search her recipes exclusively here.
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is actually cauliflower.
- 1 whole cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 medium lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut off the cauliflower bottom and remove leaves. Then cut in half and separate the florets.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor, maybe 4-5 times, just until it's the consistency of rice or sand. Don't pulse too much or you'll end up with cauliflower mush.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Sauté cauliflower for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and season with sea salt and pepper and stir to help the seasoning combine.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish and serve warm.
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
Recipe in Arabic طبق الباذنجان الرومي المصري بالجبن This platter is...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]