Tasty Cauliflower Rice
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 19, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
Shewekar Elgharably is a certified health coach and a passionate clean eating cook. She is inspiring us with her rich and nutritious recipes that can help improve our eating habits leaving us more energetic, less stressed, feeling and looking healthier as well as inspired for a cleaner living. You can follow her on Instagram @shewekar or #healthyrocks or search her recipes exclusively here.
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is actually cauliflower.
- 1 whole cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 medium lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut off the cauliflower bottom and remove leaves. Then cut in half and separate the florets.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor, maybe 4-5 times, just until it's the consistency of rice or sand. Don't pulse too much or you'll end up with cauliflower mush.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Sauté cauliflower for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and season with sea salt and pepper and stir to help the seasoning combine.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish and serve warm.
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]