Tasty Cauliflower Rice
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 19, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
Shewekar Elgharably is a certified health coach and a passionate clean eating cook. She is inspiring us with her rich and nutritious recipes that can help improve our eating habits leaving us more energetic, less stressed, feeling and looking healthier as well as inspired for a cleaner living. You can follow her on Instagram @shewekar or #healthyrocks or search her recipes exclusively here.
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is actually cauliflower.
- 1 whole cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 medium lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper - فلفل أسود
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut off the cauliflower bottom and remove leaves. Then cut in half and separate the florets.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor, maybe 4-5 times, just until it's the consistency of rice or sand. Don't pulse too much or you'll end up with cauliflower mush.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Sauté cauliflower for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and season with sea salt and pepper and stir to help the seasoning combine.
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish and serve warm.
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Dukka is a traditional Egyptian spice mix. It used to be a popular street food, eaten with...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]