Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
By Ramy Soliman • November 17, 2015
This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more.
As part of the prize, this recipe is styled and photographed by Flavor Republic!
I love Mexican food and this is my twist on 2 basic dishes I merged to create this masterpiece! Cheese-stuffed Mexican meatballs simmered in chili con carne! This recipe is bursting with flavors, the cheesey madness you get when you cut in the meatballs, with the tomatoey chili pool, what else to ask for! Give me my prize already! #themeatcompete
- 1 tablespoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - فلفل حريف
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder - بصل مجفف
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/4 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic - ثوم
- 1 small egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 100 gram cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 1/2 small onion - بصلة
- 1 box SAUCE:
- 1 box green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 2 box tomato - طماطم
- 150 ml beef stock cubes - مكعب مرق لحم كباب حلة
- 1/2 can red kidney beans - فاصوليا حمراء
- 1/2 can sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 box sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 box coriander - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the chili mix: Put the chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix it all together then set it aside.
- Mix minced beef with 1 tablespoon of the chili mix, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, shredded red cheddar cheese, and onion then divide the sticky mixture into 12 small meatballs.
- Stuff each meatball with one red cheddar cheese cube and make sure it is entirely covered by the meat and sticking together.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and pan-fry the meatballs until you get a brown crust (about 10-14 minutes). Drain the oil and set it aside.
- Add more oil to the same pan, then add green bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of the chili mix and let it cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomatoes and beef stock. Let the mix simmer for around 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs, sweet corn and red beans to the pan and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens and the meatballs are perfectly cooked through.
- Place the chili con carne In a bowl and top it with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. Best served with rice or bread! ENJOY :D
No-Bake Cheese Cake
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]