Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
By Ramy Soliman • November 17, 2015
This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more.
As part of the prize, this recipe is styled and photographed by Flavor Republic!
I love Mexican food and this is my twist on 2 basic dishes I merged to create this masterpiece! Cheese-stuffed Mexican meatballs simmered in chili con carne! This recipe is bursting with flavors, the cheesey madness you get when you cut in the meatballs, with the tomatoey chili pool, what else to ask for! Give me my prize already! #themeatcompete
- 1 tablespoon chili powder - شطة مطحونة
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - فلفل حريف
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder - بصل مجفف
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1/4 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic - ثوم
- 1 small egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 100 gram cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 1/2 small onion - بصلة
- 1 box SAUCE:
- 1 box green peppers - فلفل أخضر
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 2 box tomato - طماطم
- 150 ml beef stock cubes - مكعب مرق لحم كباب حلة
- 1/2 can red kidney beans - فاصوليا حمراء
- 1/2 can sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 1 box salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 box sour cream - قشدة حامضة
- 1 box coriander - كزبرة
Step by step
- To prepare the chili mix: Put the chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix it all together then set it aside.
- Mix minced beef with 1 tablespoon of the chili mix, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, shredded red cheddar cheese, and onion then divide the sticky mixture into 12 small meatballs.
- Stuff each meatball with one red cheddar cheese cube and make sure it is entirely covered by the meat and sticking together.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and pan-fry the meatballs until you get a brown crust (about 10-14 minutes). Drain the oil and set it aside.
- Add more oil to the same pan, then add green bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of the chili mix and let it cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomatoes and beef stock. Let the mix simmer for around 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs, sweet corn and red beans to the pan and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce thickens and the meatballs are perfectly cooked through.
- Place the chili con carne In a bowl and top it with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. Best served with rice or bread! ENJOY :D
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]