Tasty Zucchini Waffles
By Hebba • September 2, 2015
This is a perfect way to sneak in some zucchini in your kids’ breakfast waffles! And the good news is: even picky little eaters will like it, because of its neutral flavor without any zucchini taste! It is yummy without any toppings (which makes it lunchbox-perfect), but can also be eaten with your favourite sweet toppings.
You can also treat them like pancakes, and put your pan on low heat while the pancake cooks on both sides.
- 2 zucchini (big size - grated) - كوسة
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1 egg (2 small baladi eggs) - بيضة
- vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- salt and pepper (optional) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Rinse the zucchini with water and squeeze out as much water as possible. (This is a very important step.)
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, flour, backing powder, egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Coat the waffle iron with oil and add 2 spoons of the mix in the middle of the griddle, leaving some space for the batter to spread.
- Wait 3-5 minutes until the waffles are crispy from the outside.
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes
The Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato dish makes a very delicious side to almost any of your...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]