Tasty Zucchini Waffles
By Hebba • September 2, 2015
This is a perfect way to sneak in some zucchini in your kids’ breakfast waffles! And the good news is: even picky little eaters will like it, because of its neutral flavor without any zucchini taste! It is yummy without any toppings (which makes it lunchbox-perfect), but can also be eaten with your favourite sweet toppings.
You can also treat them like pancakes, and put your pan on low heat while the pancake cooks on both sides.
- 2 zucchini (big size - grated) - كوسة
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 1/4 cup milk - لبن
- 1 egg (2 small baladi eggs) - بيضة
- vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- salt and pepper (optional) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Rinse the zucchini with water and squeeze out as much water as possible. (This is a very important step.)
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, flour, backing powder, egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Coat the waffle iron with oil and add 2 spoons of the mix in the middle of the griddle, leaving some space for the batter to spread.
- Wait 3-5 minutes until the waffles are crispy from the outside.
Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
Whether it's your child's packed lunch or your own, make sure it's healthy and wholesome! It is...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]