Avocado Orange Green Salad
By yasmine • July 21, 2015
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad – great for avocado season! The creaminess of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the citrus and the crunch from the greens (and the hazelnuts) create such an exciting flavoursome salad. I got the original recipe from a foodnetwork show a while back and recreated with local ingredients as below.
- 2 avocado (peeled & sliced) - أفوكادو
- 2 oranges (peeled, pitted and sliced) - برتقال
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce (hand torn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula (hand torn) - جرجير
- 2 bunch baby spinach (hand torn) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/3 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
Step by step
- Mix the greens (and sliced onions if using) in a large bowl then add the sliced avocado and orange on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and add on top of the salad. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts. No need to to toss the salad, dressing will distribute upon serving.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Rocca-Cranberry Labna Sandwich
If you are out of healthy and different sandwich ideas, try this one. It’s easy, super healthy,...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.