Avocado Orange Green Salad
By yasmine • July 21, 2015
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad – great for avocado season! The creaminess of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the citrus and the crunch from the greens (and the hazelnuts) create such an exciting flavoursome salad. I got the original recipe from a foodnetwork show a while back and recreated with local ingredients as below.
- 2 avocado (peeled & sliced) - أفوكادو
- 2 oranges (peeled, pitted and sliced) - برتقال
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce (hand torn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula (hand torn) - جرجير
- 2 bunch baby spinach (hand torn) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/3 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
Step by step
- Mix the greens (and sliced onions if using) in a large bowl then add the sliced avocado and orange on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and add on top of the salad. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts. No need to to toss the salad, dressing will distribute upon serving.
Egyptian Eggplant & Cheese Platter
Recipe in Arabic طبق الباذنجان الرومي المصري بالجبن This platter is...
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.