Avocado Orange Green Salad
By yasmine • July 21, 2015
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad – great for avocado season! The creaminess of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the citrus and the crunch from the greens (and the hazelnuts) create such an exciting flavoursome salad. I got the original recipe from a foodnetwork show a while back and recreated with local ingredients as below.
- 2 avocado (peeled & sliced) - أفوكادو
- 2 oranges (peeled, pitted and sliced) - برتقال
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce (hand torn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula (hand torn) - جرجير
- 2 bunch baby spinach (hand torn) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/3 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
Step by step
- Mix the greens (and sliced onions if using) in a large bowl then add the sliced avocado and orange on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and add on top of the salad. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts. No need to to toss the salad, dressing will distribute upon serving.
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Mustard & Rosemary Roasted Beef Fillet
This is such an easy recipe that it became a staple in our homes. The meat turns out tender...
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.