Avocado Orange Green Salad
By yasmine • July 21, 2015
This Avocado Orange Green Salad is a refreshing summer salad – great for avocado season! The creaminess of the avocado combined with the tanginess of the citrus and the crunch from the greens (and the hazelnuts) create such an exciting flavoursome salad. I got the original recipe from a foodnetwork show a while back and recreated with local ingredients as below.
- 2 avocado (peeled & sliced) - أفوكادو
- 2 oranges (peeled, pitted and sliced) - برتقال
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce (hand torn) - كابوتشا
- 1 bunch arugula (hand torn) - جرجير
- 2 bunch baby spinach (hand torn) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 orange (juiced) - برتقالة
- 1/3 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
Step by step
- Mix the greens (and sliced onions if using) in a large bowl then add the sliced avocado and orange on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well and add on top of the salad. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts. No need to to toss the salad, dressing will distribute upon serving.
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]