Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time using simple ingredients, yet can be a showstopper at a dinner party or a romantic evening in.
Since mussels are great with most green herbs, feel free to also add fresh thyme to this dish after the cooking cream.
- 400-500 gram pasta (preferably Tagliatele) - معكرونة
- 500 gram mussels - بلح البحر
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3-4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 handful basil (hand-torn) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- arugula (largely chopped - optional for garnish) - جرجير
Step by step
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add chopped onions, garlic and celery.
- When the mix starts to soften (before it turns golden), add the cream and a generous dash of salt and pepper.
- As the cream starts sizzling, add the thoroughly washed mussels and cover the pan. The mussels should cook for 5 minutes before you add the pasta.
- Boil the pasta in large pot. When the pasta is almost cooked (al-dente), transfer it to the mussels pan, allowing only about a ladle of pasta water through. Let the mix reduce while you stir in and mix the pasta with the mussels (about 2 minutes).
- Tear the basil leaves and add them at the end of the cooking process (basil added earlier might turn bitter when overcooked.)
- Serve in a semi-bowl and scatter the toasted pine nuts on top and garnish with some more basil and arugula.
Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with...
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]