Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time using simple ingredients, yet can be a showstopper at a dinner party or a romantic evening in.
Since mussels are great with most green herbs, feel free to also add fresh thyme to this dish after the cooking cream.
- 400-500 gram pasta (preferably Tagliatele) - معكرونة
- 500 gram mussels - بلح البحر
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3-4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 handful basil (hand-torn) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- arugula (largely chopped - optional for garnish) - جرجير
Step by step
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add chopped onions, garlic and celery.
- When the mix starts to soften (before it turns golden), add the cream and a generous dash of salt and pepper.
- As the cream starts sizzling, add the thoroughly washed mussels and cover the pan. The mussels should cook for 5 minutes before you add the pasta.
- Boil the pasta in large pot. When the pasta is almost cooked (al-dente), transfer it to the mussels pan, allowing only about a ladle of pasta water through. Let the mix reduce while you stir in and mix the pasta with the mussels (about 2 minutes).
- Tear the basil leaves and add them at the end of the cooking process (basil added earlier might turn bitter when overcooked.)
- Serve in a semi-bowl and scatter the toasted pine nuts on top and garnish with some more basil and arugula.
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother's dessert table. As children, we used to...
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]