Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
By yasmine • April 15, 2015
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time using simple ingredients, yet can be a showstopper at a dinner party or a romantic evening in.
Since mussels are great with most green herbs, feel free to also add fresh thyme to this dish after the cooking cream.
- 400-500 gram pasta (preferably Tagliatele) - معكرونة
- 500 gram mussels - بلح البحر
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3-4 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 stem celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 handful basil (hand-torn) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- arugula (largely chopped - optional for garnish) - جرجير
Step by step
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add chopped onions, garlic and celery.
- When the mix starts to soften (before it turns golden), add the cream and a generous dash of salt and pepper.
- As the cream starts sizzling, add the thoroughly washed mussels and cover the pan. The mussels should cook for 5 minutes before you add the pasta.
- Boil the pasta in large pot. When the pasta is almost cooked (al-dente), transfer it to the mussels pan, allowing only about a ladle of pasta water through. Let the mix reduce while you stir in and mix the pasta with the mussels (about 2 minutes).
- Tear the basil leaves and add them at the end of the cooking process (basil added earlier might turn bitter when overcooked.)
- Serve in a semi-bowl and scatter the toasted pine nuts on top and garnish with some more basil and arugula.
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]