Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • March 15, 2019
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold.
Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with some Tahini or Hummus dip for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat (with only 10% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 1 tablespoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (for kofta mix and breading) - بقسماط
- 2 slice toast - توست
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil (for baking) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place minced beef in a bowl and add grated onion, dried mint, parsley, eggs, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Wet the toast is a little water, then use your hands to squeeze water out of it and add it to the minced beef mix.
- Use your hands to mix the minced beef with all ingredients, until very well combined.
- Shape the beef mix into vertical patties, then cover with bread crumbs (no need to dip in eggs, the beef mix has enough eggs in it.)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush an oven tray with oil, then arrange the minced meat patties on the tray. Use your hands to turn them over on the other side while gently rubbing them on the oily tray so that both sides are lightly brushed with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then turn them on the other side and bake again for another 10 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable container until you are ready to bake.
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
This is a very easy dinner party dish that will wow your guests. It is also loaded with healthy...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]