Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • March 15, 2019
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold.
Kofta Panee is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat (minced beef with 10% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 1 tablespoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (plus an extra cup for the breading) - بقسماط
- 2 slice toast - توست
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil (for baking) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place minced beef in a bowl and add grated onion, dried mint, parsley, eggs, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Wet the toast is a little water, then use your hands to squeeze water out of it and place the wet toast in the beef bowl.
- Use your hands to mix the minced beef with all ingredients, until very well combined.
- Use your hands to shape the beef into patties, then cover with bread crumbs. (No need to dip in eggs, the beef mix has enough eggs in it.)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush an oven tray with oil, then arrange the meatballs on the tray. Use your hands to turn them over on the other side while gently rubbing them on the oily tray so that both sides are lightly brushed with oil. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, then turn them on the other side and bake again for another 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable box/ container before baking.
Special Minty Zucchini
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]