Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • July 28, 2015
Whether you choose to fry it or bake it, classic kofta panee will always be a family and friends favourite! It is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta), and ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, or served nicely for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 10 leaves mint (fresh) - نعناع
- 1/2 bunch parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (to bake: only 2 tablespoons for brushing) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Mix the meat with the grated onion, finely chopped mint and parsley, salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat into 4 quarters and make 2 large pieces of kofta out of every quarter. (you may choose to make them smaller.)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and place the bread crumbs in another plate.
- Dip the kofta in the egg, then cover with bread crumbs and fry on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- To bake: brush your oven tray with oil, then place your kofta on the tray and brush with oil before baking in a 180 degrees pre-heated oven for around 20- 30 minutes. Turn them on the other side half-way through.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable box/ container before frying/ baking.
The Ultimate Veteran Burger
الوصفة بالعربي A 200 gram beef burger patty between two special buns of only egg...
Coffee-Rubbed Beef Fillet Chunk
Yes, coffee! It's bitter, it creates a beautiful crust to the meat and most importantly the recipe...
The Christmas Chestnut Turkey Breast Anyone Can Prepare
الوصفه بالعربي A joyous and hassle-free Christmas turkey with sweet maple syrup and...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]