Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • July 28, 2015
Whether you choose to fry it or bake it, classic kofta panee will always be a family and friends favourite! It is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta), and ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, or served nicely for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 10 leaves mint (fresh) - نعناع
- 1/2 bunch parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (to bake: only 2 tablespoons for brushing) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Mix the meat with the grated onion, finely chopped mint and parsley, salt and pepper.
- Divide the meat into 4 quarters and make 2 large pieces of kofta out of every quarter. (you may choose to make them smaller.)
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, and place the bread crumbs in another plate.
- Dip the kofta in the egg, then cover with bread crumbs and fry on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- To bake: brush your oven tray with oil, then place your kofta on the tray and brush with oil before baking in a 180 degrees pre-heated oven for around 20- 30 minutes. Turn them on the other side half-way through.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable box/ container before frying/ baking.
Everyday Salad with Balsamic Dijon Dressing
No table is ever complete without a bowl of fresh green salad dressed in a tasty homemade...
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.