Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • March 15, 2019
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold.
Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with some Tahini or Hummus dip for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat (with only 10% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 1 tablespoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (for kofta mix and breading) - بقسماط
- 2 slice toast - توست
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil (for baking) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place minced beef in a bowl and add grated onion, dried mint, parsley, eggs, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Wet the toast is a little water, then use your hands to squeeze water out of it and add it to the minced beef mix.
- Use your hands to mix the minced beef with all ingredients, until very well combined.
- Shape the beef mix into vertical patties, then cover with bread crumbs (no need to dip in eggs, the beef mix has enough eggs in it.)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush an oven tray with oil, then arrange the minced meat patties on the tray. Use your hands to turn them over on the other side while gently rubbing them on the oily tray so that both sides are lightly brushed with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then turn them on the other side and bake again for another 10 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable container until you are ready to bake.
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! ...
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]