Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
By yasmine • May 7, 2018
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
- 400 gram chickpeas (OR 1 can) - حمص
- 4 cucumber (peeled & cut into half circles) - خيار
- 150g cherry tomatoes (sliced into half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced into half circles) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- handful mint (stems removed & finely chopped) - نعناع
- handful parsley (stems removed & finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 75 gram feta cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil raw chickpeas for 45 minutes after soaking overnight or just use cooked chickpeas from a can. Wash it well from the can liquid, drain and place it in a medium salad bowl.
- Slice red onions and place them in a bowl with vinegar for about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the chickpeas.
- Add sliced cucumbers, sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint.
- In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake it to mix. Drizzle on the salad.
- Add feta cubes on top and serve.
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish for everyday as well as for fancy dinner parties. It is very simple yet full of mouthwatering flavors and colors. The delicious addition of honey-glazed walnuts elevates the salad into something absolutely elegant. This salad was inspired by a simple recipe […]