Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
By yasmine • May 7, 2018
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
- 400 gram chickpeas (OR 1 can) - حمص
- 4 cucumber (peeled & cut into half circles) - خيار
- 150g cherry tomatoes (sliced into half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced into half circles) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- handful mint (stems removed & finely chopped) - نعناع
- handful parsley (stems removed & finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 75 gram feta cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil raw chickpeas for 45 minutes after soaking overnight or just use cooked chickpeas from a can. Wash it well from the can liquid, drain and place it in a medium salad bowl.
- Slice red onions and place them in a bowl with vinegar for about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the chickpeas.
- Add sliced cucumbers, sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint.
- In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake it to mix. Drizzle on the salad.
- Add feta cubes on top and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet...
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.