Cucumber & Chickpea Herb Salad
By yasmine • May 7, 2018
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
- 400 gram chickpeas (OR 1 can) - حمص
- 4 cucumber (peeled & cut into half circles) - خيار
- 150g cherry tomatoes (sliced into half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced into half circles) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- handful mint (stems removed & finely chopped) - نعناع
- handful parsley (stems removed & finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 75 gram feta cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil raw chickpeas for 45 minutes after soaking overnight or just use cooked chickpeas from a can. Wash it well from the can liquid, drain and place it in a medium salad bowl.
- Slice red onions and place them in a bowl with vinegar for about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the chickpeas.
- Add sliced cucumbers, sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint.
- In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake it to mix. Drizzle on the salad.
- Add feta cubes on top and serve.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Classic Egyptian Koshary
Koshary is one of the most famous Egyptian street food. It is basically a plate full of rice,...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]