Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
By yasmine • May 7, 2018
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
- 400 gram chickpeas (OR 1 can) - حمص
- 4 cucumber (peeled & cut into half circles) - خيار
- 150g cherry tomatoes (sliced into half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced into half circles) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- handful mint (stems removed & finely chopped) - نعناع
- handful parsley (stems removed & finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 75 gram feta cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil raw chickpeas for 45 minutes after soaking overnight or just use cooked chickpeas from a can. Wash it well from the can liquid, drain and place it in a medium salad bowl.
- Slice red onions and place them in a bowl with vinegar for about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the chickpeas.
- Add sliced cucumbers, sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint.
- In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake it to mix. Drizzle on the salad.
- Add feta cubes on top and serve.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]