Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
By yasmine • May 7, 2018
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
- 400 gram chickpeas (OR 1 can) - حمص
- 4 cucumber (peeled & cut into half circles) - خيار
- 150g cherry tomatoes (sliced into half) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced into half circles) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- handful mint (stems removed & finely chopped) - نعناع
- handful parsley (stems removed & finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 75 gram feta cheese (cut into small cubes) - جبنه فيتا
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- salt and pepper (generous) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil raw chickpeas for 45 minutes after soaking overnight or just use cooked chickpeas from a can. Wash it well from the can liquid, drain and place it in a medium salad bowl.
- Slice red onions and place them in a bowl with vinegar for about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the chickpeas.
- Add sliced cucumbers, sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley and mint.
- In a small jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake it to mix. Drizzle on the salad.
- Add feta cubes on top and serve.
Tasty Cauliflower Rice
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is...
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]