Asian Quinoa Salad
By shahdan • February 20, 2022
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, especially for people who don’t like it.
Serve this salad next to chicken, beef or salmon for a nutritious and filling meal, or just on its own as a complete vegetarian option. Omit the honey to keep it vegan, or replace it with maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 whole red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 large red pepper (diced) - فلفل أحمر
- 2 medium cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 2 medium carrots (diced) - جزر
- 2 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1/2 bunch coriander (choppped) - كزبرة
- 1 handful unsalted peanuts (toasted) - سوداني غير مملح
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, cover 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil.
- When it boils, lower heat to a minimum and leave to cook uncovered until water is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the quinoa with a fork and leave it to cool before adding it to salad.
- Place cooled quinoa in salad bowl and add all veggies.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and add the desired quantity to the salad.
- Add toasted peanuts and transfer to serving dish.
- For best results, refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!