20-Minute Oven-Roasted Zucchini
By yasmine • March 2, 2020
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
- 500 gram zucchini (sliced lengthwise) - كوسة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon mint (hand-torn leaves) - نعناع
- 50 gram feta cheese (crumbled - optional) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Slice zucchini vertically lengthwise - not too thin to burn in the oven - should yield 4-5 slices each. Place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, thyme, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir them to cover all with marination. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. LIne a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini slices next to each other on the tray - don't overarm it. and drizzle the rest of the marination on top.
- Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes until zucchini is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Transfer warm zucchini slices in a flat serving dish. Sprinkle with mint leaves and crumbled feta. Serve next to any protein.
Creamy Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي This Creamy Turmeric Chicken is a favourite in our house. I like to...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]