Minted Zucchini Soup
By shahdan • April 14, 2015
Even those who don’t eat zucchini, will fall in love with this heart-warming soup…
- 1 kg zucchini - كوسة
- 1 large potatoes - بطاطس
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 10 leaves mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 cup yoghurt (small commercial yoghurt size) - زبادي
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour - نشا
Step by step
- Cut the zucchini and potato into slices. Make sure the potato slices are thinner than the zucchini so both can cook at the same time.
- Cover with the stock, add the fresh mint leaves and bring to the boil until the veggies are soft.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then blend in a food processor, or easiest with a handheld blender, until smooth.
- Rub the dried mint between your fingers into the soup to release its heavenly aroma.
- Dilute the corn flour in 2 tbsp. water, then mix with the yogurt in a separate bowl. Use a ladle to spoon some soup into the yogurt bowl and mix. Repeat for a few times to make sure the yogurt is smoothly mixed with the soup then return the yogurt soup mix to the soup pot.
- You can skip this step and add fresh cream instead. (Yogurt gives a healthier edge to the soup and a slightly sour taste, while cream gives it more richness at the cost of some extra calories.)
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve.
Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you're cooking for...
Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
الوصفه بالعربي Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is...
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]