The Perfectly Roasted Quail
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do is marinate the quail and pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving time. Simple and delicious!
- 4 quail - سمان
- 2 red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cinnamon sticks (crushed) - عيدان قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 orange zest - قشر برتقال
- 1 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional) - بذور رمان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the quails in a glass bowl. Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, all spice, salt, pepper, orange & lemon zest, olive oil & molasses.
- Rub the marinade into the quails, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the quails breast-side down and roast for 20 minutes, half-time turn the birds over and brush them with the pomegranate molasses mixture.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance...
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]