Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
By yasmine • August 23, 2015
Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small crunchy savoury treats. Imagine you bake your own crackers making sure it has all these nutritional carbs and making it entirely your own recipe once you master preparing it. You can keep them up to a week in a sealed container and have your kids munching through them wether as a snack at school or between sports practices. They are also a great addition to your gatherings as a home-made cracker next to your dips.
You can substitute the mozzarella with shredded cheddar, parmesan mixed in, or smoked cheese while also substituting the rosemary with oregano or basil. That way you can play around with it to find your perfect kiddie or grown up version.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats (blended until it's a fine powder OR oatmeal) - شوفان
- 2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) - جبن موتزاريلا
- 1-2 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped - to taste) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1 pinch salt - ملح
- 1/4 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup water (or a bit more) - ماء
Step by step
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, salt, rosemary, wheat germ) and place them in a blender.
- In another bowl, mix oil and water with the cheese.
- Add wet mix to the blender bit by bit while you pulse the blender. Once you have mixed all together it should start forming a ball as you pulse. You may need to add more water if its too dry.
- Dust a clean surface with some flour, and roll out the dough to a 1/2cm thickness. Use stencils to cut out round forms or a knife to cut horizontally and vertically creating squares.
- Place your individual raw crackers on the baking sheet with little space between them (they do not grow in size). Place it in the oven for about 12 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Remove crackers carefully from baking tray and let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
From 9 months. This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as...
Oven-Baked Herb Fish
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free Oven-Baked Herb Fish recipe! In less...
4-Ingredients Caramel Chocolate Bites
These Caramel Chocolate Bites are refined sugar-free and vegan (if using vegan dark...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.