Classic Mushroom Soup
By shahdan • April 1, 2015
A classic soup that always pleases the crowd…
- 500 gram mushrooms (use fresh mushroom for best result) - عش الغراب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or a mix between olive oil and butter) - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1 liter vegetable stock (around 4 cups) - مرقة خضار
- 4 stick celery (optional) - كرفس افرنجي
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean your mushrooms using a clean wet towel or kitchen paper then chop into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot then add the sliced onions, sliced celery sticks (if using any) and sauté until both are a little soft. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until mushrooms have absorbed all their juices. Remove 2 tbsps. of mushroom and set aside.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with flour and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and leave to simmer over a low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the extra mushroom. Add the cream, the nutmeg and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with lemon zest and oregano.
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends...
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because of its lightness, simplicity and goes well with any protein or carb dish. You can have it light without the toast but you defiantly treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish with some good melted cheese on toast.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]