The Perfectly Roasted Quail
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do is marinate the quail and pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving time. Simple and delicious!
- 4 quail - سمان
- 2 red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cinnamon sticks (crushed) - عيدان قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 orange zest - قشر برتقال
- 1 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (optional) - بذور رمان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the quails in a glass bowl. Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, all spice, salt, pepper, orange & lemon zest, olive oil & molasses.
- Rub the marinade into the quails, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the quails breast-side down and roast for 20 minutes, half-time turn the birds over and brush them with the pomegranate molasses mixture.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
Red Thai Chicken Curry
الوصفه بالعربي This delicious Red Curry Chicken dish is super easy for everyday, and...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]