The Perfectly Roasted Quail
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do is marinate the quail and pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving time. Simple and delicious!
- 4 quail - سمان
- 2 red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cinnamon sticks (crushed) - عيدان قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 orange zest - قشر برتقال
- 1 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- ½ cup pomegranate (optional) - رمان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the quails in a glass bowl. Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, all spice, salt, pepper, orange & lemon zest, olive oil & molasses.
- Rub the marinade into the quails, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the quails breast-side down and roast for 20 minutes, half-time turn the birds over and brush them with the pomegranate molasses mixture.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]