The Perfectly Roasted Quail
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do is marinate the quail and pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving time. Simple and delicious!
- 4 quail - سمان
- 2 red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cinnamon sticks (crushed) - عيدان قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 orange zest - قشر برتقال
- 1 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- ½ cup pomegranate (optional) - رمان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the quails in a glass bowl. Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, all spice, salt, pepper, orange & lemon zest, olive oil & molasses.
- Rub the marinade into the quails, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the quails breast-side down and roast for 20 minutes, half-time turn the birds over and brush them with the pomegranate molasses mixture.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can […]