The Perfectly Roasted Quail
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Impress your guests with this super easy-to-follow roasted quail dish. All you need to do is marinate the quail and pop in the oven 20 minutes before serving time. Simple and delicious!
- 4 quail - سمان
- 2 red onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 cinnamon sticks (crushed) - عيدان قرفة
- 1 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 orange zest - قشر برتقال
- 1 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- ½ cup pomegranate (optional) - رمان
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the quails in a glass bowl. Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, all spice, salt, pepper, orange & lemon zest, olive oil & molasses.
- Rub the marinade into the quails, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Place the quails breast-side down and roast for 20 minutes, half-time turn the birds over and brush them with the pomegranate molasses mixture.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad – Comfort Food at its Healthiest
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? With available ingredients,...
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups