Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
By yasmine • May 15, 2015
A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not creamy and heavy like most veggie soups. The vegetarian version (just leave out the chicken) is really yummy too especially if your vegetable stock is fresh and wholesome. I used the greens-based stock shared in a previous post – and it was delicious!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 4 piece zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup peas - بسلة
- 4 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped - including leaves) - كرفس افرنجي
- 250 gram boneless chicken (cut lengthwise) - دجاج مخلى
- 1 tablespoon dried mint (optional for garnish) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- Over medium heat, add onions and celery to olive oil in a soup pot. Once the onions are almost transparent in colour (don't let them fry too long), add the chicken.
- Stir the chicken with the onions for a couple of minutes then add the zucchini and peas followed by the stock.
- All should cook together for about 15 minutes then served hot with some dried mint as garnish.
Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel
الوصفة بالعربي No matter how many pumpkin recipes we try, the Egyptian traditional...
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
El-Mouled Gingerbread Cookies
When a classic christmassy recipe meets a very authentic presentation..Just the perfect way to...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]