Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
By yasmine • May 15, 2015
A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not creamy and heavy like most veggie soups. The vegetarian version (just leave out the chicken) is really yummy too especially if your vegetable stock is fresh and wholesome. I used the greens-based stock shared in a previous post – and it was delicious!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 4 piece zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup peas - بسلة
- 4 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped - including leaves) - كرفس افرنجي
- 250 gram boneless chicken (cut lengthwise) - دجاج مخلى
- 1 tablespoon dried mint (optional for garnish) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- Over medium heat, add onions and celery to olive oil in a soup pot. Once the onions are almost transparent in colour (don't let them fry too long), add the chicken.
- Stir the chicken with the onions for a couple of minutes then add the zucchini and peas followed by the stock.
- All should cook together for about 15 minutes then served hot with some dried mint as garnish.
Summer Watermelon Salad
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Banana Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties
The Banana Honey-based Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties are an incredibly nutritious yet sweet...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]